Author Topic: Bensons of Strandburn Drive  (Read 212 times)

hilaryc

Bensons of Strandburn Drive
« on: May 31, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »
I am looking for some info. about a Robert (Bobby ) Benson ,my gt uncle. He lived in 32 Strandburn Drive, Sydenham and I think he died in the late 1970's. I remember him at my grandfather's funeral in July 1976 . I can't find a death or where he is buried. His wife Clara Benson either went to England or possibly went into sheltered accommodation near Clifton House. They had two sons,Robert and David ,both probably in their late sixties, who left Northern Ireland for either England or Canada. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Hilary.

sam barry

Re: Bensons of Strandburn Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 11:51:22 AM »
Could this be your "Clara" ?

Record details
Name of deceased   Clara Benson
Last place of residence   27 Carlisle Terrace Belfast 2640 In BT15 2PR
Age   82
Sex   F
Date of death   17 November 2004
Date of burial   20 November 2004
Cemetery   City Cemetery
Grave section and number   Q2 526
Burial Type   Earth Burial

She is the only one in the grave.

CMcG

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »
He died suddenly at hospital on 22 July 1981, the funeral service was held at Roselawn Crematorium on 25 July, as the remains aren't at Roselawn I imagine only family would know the whereabouts. Death notices mentioned his wife Clara Adeline, sons Robert and David, daughters-in-law Diane and Carron and grandchildren, brother Samuel and sister-in-law Doris and family  of 4 Findon Place, brother Alfred and sister-in-law Olive and family of 38 Dunraven Gardens, and niece Helen and her husband John and family.

hilaryc

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 08:07:15 AM »
Thank you both so much for taking the time to find this information . I had Sams info. But wasnít sure this was Clara ,but didnít have the news about Bobby. The John and Helen were my late parents .Hilary.