Author Topic: Peter John Noble Deceased  (Read 106 times)

Les Smith

Peter John Noble Deceased
« on: June 05, 2019, 07:07:08 PM »
I am searching for the family of the late Gunner Peter John NOBLE is one of the 372 British Servicemen who died on active service during the four-year Cyprus Emergency April 1 1955 to April 18 1959, and whose name is among those remembered with honour on the British Cyprus Memorial. Serving with 21 Medium Regiment. Royal Artillery he died at Paphos on September 22 1956. Aged 21 from St Agnes he is buried at Wayne’s Keep, the British military cemetery in Cyprus, Plot 23 Row B Grave 1.[/font][/size]

[/font][/size]
It was reported [/font][/size]

Belfast Telegraph, Monday, September 22, 1958, Page 2: 

'Roll of Honour
In Memoriam
NOBLE - In loving memory of my dearest husband, Gunner Peter John  Noble, R.A., killed on active service in Cyprus 22nd September, 1956. Three little words, forget me not, don't seem much, but mean a lot; forget you, Peter, we never will, as life goes on we love you still. - Always remembered by his loving wife Ena and little daughter Anne, 44 Sunnyside Bungalows.'

My reason for searching is to let his family know that he has not been forgotten by his comrades and that we now have two memorials in their memory. One in Kyrenia Cyprus and the other in The National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Also to let the family know that they are entitled to receive The Elizabeth Cross. I would also like to hear from  anyone who served in Cyprus during the 1955 to 1959 emergency. For more details Google Les Smith Cyprus Veterans