Author Topic: Syrian schoolboy in Northern Ireland charms the internet with his Belfast accent  (Read 2877 times)

derdrei

oh I work with a few  who presume others from other side of the world are Muslim   maybe even some in here believe that but  , Iím only saying like Dot  :(
what a great kid sounds like he will do more good wish him all the best.

ldugan

if the school which accepted this Syrian boy is Catholic            Christmas will be celebrated as the birthday of

Christ            there's always the chance the muslim parents will be converted to Catholicism          that

would be a wonderful fantastic achievement for the Catholic school         would it not   
The schools these children attend are Catholic and governed by the Catholic ethos. As for converting them or their parents to Catholicism that does not seem to be what the schools are achieving towards.

We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

Ballymurphygirl

Thankyou James James this is something I have learnt from people that I work with   Belfast is  doing s great job into making this family part of thier community without having to convert
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

ldugan

Exactly Jack.

Once again ID who many does your country cater for?

At the present time  there are just over 1000 Syrian refugees in the North of Ireland.
We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

Ballymurphygirl

Post back to its proper op  :)  nice one
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Dot/dash

The schools these children attend are Catholic and governed by the Catholic ethos. As for converting them or their parents to Catholicism that does not seem to be what the schools are achieving towards.

I wasn't implying conversion to Catholicism of the parents of the boy            could be achieved directly via the

school           would be preposterous to think so             a possibility would be through the boy relating his

experiences/written RE work in class       in essence  his take on the contribution of the comments/discussion

made by other children          on aspects of Catholicism discussed during the lesson plan        then again

that possibility would depend upon his command of the English language       
love me          love my gelding     

Jack The Kipper

At the present time  there are just over 1000 Syrian refugees in the North of Ireland.

Excuse me but you complained about posters posting inappropriate posts as regards this thread, so what's your post got to do with that young gimmegrant?
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Ballymurphygirl

Excuse me but you complained about posters posting inappropriate posts as regards this thread, so what's your post got to do with that young gimmegrant?
because he was ask that question by another poster jack   shame on you   gimmigrant  ??? that’s how you see this young boy   There’s nothing positive about your post regarding how well this child is doing   shame on you   the family are refugees 

Jack The Kipper

because he was ask that question by another poster jack   shame on you   gimmigrant  ??? thatís how you see this young boy   Thereís nothing positive about your post regarding how well this child is doing   shame on you

[/quote

I always call a spade a spade, would you not be better channelling all your efforts in encouraging him to return to his land of his birth and help rebuild it?...and as an extra bonus he can also start a new hurling club out there while he's at it.
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Ballymurphygirl

but you don’t know the family’s plans  ??? your only interested in why id give that info   He is a child who is doing well he is a refugee  he’s not a” gimmigrant “ maybe YOU should Channel  your efforts to written English   what you have called this child speaks volumes  :(  he’s doing very well where hopefully the world is his oyster surely him getting help in his early years is good for him don’t you think  ??? this is a story of a young boy doing well in his education in his sports why does that upset you  :( child refugees from Britain sent to the colonies had  a terrible life ww2  :(  your not calling a spade a spade your calling this young child I say again what a shame on you  :(

Jack The Kipper

but you donít know the familyís plans  ??? your only interested in why id give that info   He is a child who is doing well he is a refugee  heís not aĒ gimmigrant ď maybe YOU should Channel  your efforts to written English   what you have called this child speaks volumes  :(  heís doing very well where hopefully the world is his oyster surely him getting help in his early years is good for him donít you think  ??? this is a story of a young boy doing well in his education in his sports why does that upset you  :( child refugees from Britain sent to the colonies had  a terrible life ww2  :(  your not calling a spade a spade your calling this young child I say again what a shame on you  :(

What a load of claptrap, let me call a spade a spade again, these gimmegrants have by and large travelled half way round the world to the most westerly outpost in Europe and claim to be 'Refugees', they are nothing of the sort. they are what I rightly call 'GIMMEGRANTS' and their application for asylum should be denied and they should be turfed back hence they came!!!...I'll ask you once again, the war in Syria is over when is this guy and his family going home?

Ballymurphygirl

What a load of claptrap, let me call a spade a spade again, these gimmegrants have by and large travelled half way round the world to the most westerly outpost in Europe and claim to be 'Refugees', they are nothing of the sort. they are what I rightly call 'GIMMEGRANTS' and their application for asylum should be denied and they should be turfed back hence they came!!!...I'll ask you once again, the war in Syria is over when is this guy and his family going home?
ask your government    :) or maybe your local MP   sad really  :( speaks volumes

Ballymurphygirl

The turning point came when a group of neighbours knocked on their door. The first time the language difference proved a barrier, but they came back with a translator and have now helped the couple integrate into the community.They are also full of praise for the support they have received from the local community, and even how the schools their children attend have taken care to ensure their dietary requirements as Muslims are respected, making sure they receive Halal meat. . community work at its best well done Belfast  :-*

Ballymurphygirl

SYRIAN REFUGEES IN NORTHERN IRELAND
SYRIAN REFUGEES
A tenth group of Syrian refugees arrived in Northern Ireland on 16th and 17th August 2017 through the Vulnerable Persons Relocation scheme, bringing the total to 632 people who have been welcomed here since the scheme began in 2015. The latest briefing on the scheme can be accessed here www.communities-ni.gov.uk/publications/syrian-vulnerable-persons-relocation-scheme

Ballymurphygirl

The Syrian refugees who come here through the SVPR scheme will not need to claim asylum.[/li]
[li]Central government will contribute towards the costs of the arrivals in terms of accommodation and integration support, health and education costs for the first year from arrival.[/li]
[li]Housing will be sourced through private landlords, so no offers of housing in people’s homes or holiday homes will be required in the short term.[/li]
[li]Individuals will be given 5-years humanitarian protection in the UK, with permission to work and full access to healthcare and social welfare from the time of arrival.[/li]
[li][/color][/font]For more details about the scheme read the House of Commons Library briefing paper on Syrian Refugees and the UK.[/color][/font] . this is how the scheme works for those who are interested as to how the families are allowed to settle in Belfast