Author Topic: The Riveters  (Read 741 times)

Helentart

The Riveters
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:04:21 AM »
Hi Im writing a books about The Riveters who built the Titanic, does any one know the temperature of a rivet that the catchy had to carry I can't find it any where? Also, there is very little information on the piece, the food that they ate, and can any one recommend any books about Sinn Fein in 1907 please.

jillyfred

Re: The Riveters
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:55:40 AM »

Hello Helentart and welcome to the Forum.

With regard for information on the Riveters I would advise you to post on the Harland and Wolff Thread to be found on the Belfast History and Memories Section.

Regarding Sinn Fein books circa 1907.
As you no doubt are aware-SF was formed in Dublin in 1905 by Arthur Griffiths
and there is some literature from then and also 1907.
If you Google you should be able to read up on them.

Good luck with your book.

jilly
PS I ought to have said Google Sinn Fein-books 1907

Helentart

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 12:46:26 PM »
thank you Jilly Ill check it out

James James

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »
http://www.zkrivet.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?id=14&Sid=24&Jid=2.24

"HOT DRIVEN RIVETS ESSENTIAL BOND FOR IRON PLATES (1780-1920)"
"H.J. McQueen, FCSME Mech. Eng., Concordia Univ., Montreal, Canada, H3G 1M8"

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/11078274.pdf

Helentart

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »
Hi everyone

Harland and Wolfe dock yard are having a bit of a time of it and i think my book is more relevant than ever now that they may be closing forever. Please can you support them, they have a Facebook page.   If anyone has any stories about being a protestant or a catholic and what you went through with work how hard it was at the time, its difficult to find out personal  stories that i can use for my characters.  Long live Harland and Wolfe.

JackM

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
Hi everyone

Harland and Wolfe dock yard are having a bit of a time of it and i think my book is more relevant than ever now that they may be closing forever. Please can you support them, they have a Facebook page.   If anyone has any stories about being a protestant or a catholic and what you went through with work how hard it was at the time, its difficult to find out personal  stories that i can use for my characters.  Long live Harland and Wolfe.

Fear not, Fair Lady. Harland & Wolff wont be closing anytime soon.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

roycraw.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 09:57:46 AM »
Hi everyone

hi ht, did you not pick up my post back in june with info (first hand) ? you are asking the same questions now wich i answered then,  whats up doc.?   cheers  roy   c.

Helentart

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 10:02:33 AM »
Hey Roy yes I did I just need more research

roycraw.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 10:08:51 AM »
Hey Roy yes I did I just need more research
    ok HT,   keep in touch, i have done 'the hard yards'  and can give you info you won't get from books or official records.   cheers...    roy  c.

Helentart

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »
Hey Roy yes i want to know what was it like for the Protestants and the Catholics like what sort of language, what was it like to work in those sorts of atmospheres? If you want to inbox me my email is helaumur at yahoo .  co .  uk

roycraw.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
Hey Roy yes i want to know what was it like for the Protestants and the Catholics like what sort of language, what was it like to work in those sorts of atmospheres? If you want to inbox me my email is helaumur at yahoo .  co .  uk
     hi helent.   i am sending you a pm.   check your messages.   cheers,   roy c.

Helentart

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 10:51:15 AM »
hi Roy i can't see your message my address is helaumur at yahoo . co. uk   

roycraw.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »
hi Roy i can't see your message my address is helaumur at yahoo . co. uk   
  hi HT try your msg. again, shows sent.    cheers   roy  c.

James James

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 12:54:33 AM »
hi Roy I can't see your message  my address is helaumur at yahoo . co. uk   
He didn't send you an email.

He sent you a forum PM aka a Private Message,... which is only viewable on the forum.

Just left click on the text at the top of most pages, which says,... "My Messages"