Author Topic: Howe St off Crumlin  (Read 412 times)

Geebeedee76

Howe St off Crumlin
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
where is this Street now? Has it been bulldozed? Id like to know where it was as in what lies there now

Thanks

Billy Fish

Re: Howe St off Crumlin
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 06:02:26 AM »
I certainly remember the street. I can only assume it disappeared during the redevelopment of that area, as many other street names disappeared as well.  :(
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

JackM

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »
I certainly remember Howe Street, but no sure when it disappeared ?   ???
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

m-cully

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »
All the old houses have been demolished and the area that once was Howe St. and Raleigh St., bordered by Silvio St. Sydney St. Snugville St. and Charleville St.
is now called The Shabeen, and has only Raleigh St. running through it. Gone too are Jaffa, and Harrybrook Streets, replaced by Baden Powel St.

Billy Fish

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 07:39:35 PM »
All the old houses have been demolished and the area that once was Howe St. and Raleigh St., bordered by Silvio St. Sydney St. Snugville St. and Charleville St.
is now called The Shabeen, and has only Raleigh St. running through it. Gone too are Jaffa, and Harrybrook Streets, replaced by Baden Powel St.

Was Baden Powell Street originally on the Oldpark Road ?  ???
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

m-cully

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »
I believe you are right. There is now an Olympus Gym on that site.

Billy Fish

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 07:40:45 AM »
I believe you are right. There is now an Olympus Gym on that site.

1960 Belfast Street Directory: Baden Powell Street, from 102 Oldpark Road to Louisa Street.  :)
Support Soldier F