Author Topic: Sammy Pavis dies  (Read 501 times)

Billy Fish

Sammy Pavis dies
« on: July 05, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »
https://email.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/T/v40000016bc1ce9708c0580d163ec6a4a6/3ef2b01d88454c030000021ef3a0bcdd/3ef2b01d-8845-4c03-944e-010ca5b917ef?__dU__=v0oQlZ2XmHtXiWefx_zBr6oSDOdDEyJMNBt1aaocywPHw=

A great goal poacher, a talented amateur snooker and billiards player and a fine plumber. Thanks for the memories Sammy. God Bless. Rest easy.  :(
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

moorsy

Re: Sammy Pavis dies
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 02:32:36 AM »
Was he still living in Belfast?
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

stickleback

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 07:02:07 AM »

What a player! What a goal tally !

I was a few years too young to see Sammy play, but at the end of the day I wasn't even good enough to play at the local level, despite a couple of false dawns. I grew up five minutes from Windsor Park and I was an avid fan of The Blues in the early to mid 70's. Windsor Park looked a lot different back then. I still remember the names of many of the players from that era. I remember the Malone brothers who used to bang in goals for fun. I can only imagine how good Sammy was. I imagine he would've been snapped up cheap by a Premier League team these days and be on about 20k a week until he broke through.

A life well lived, if you ask me.

Billy Fish

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 11:12:12 AM »
Was he still living in Belfast?

Hi Moorsy, yes he did. He was admitted to the Ulster Hospital, then transferred to the RVH, where he died after a short illness.  :(
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

moorsy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
Hi Moorsy, yes he did. He was admitted to the Ulster Hospital, then transferred to the RVH, where he died after a short illness.  :(

Last time I saw him was on the shankill, with his brother in early 1969.  His best years was when he played for the Glens.

Billy Fish

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »
Last time I saw him was on the shankill, with his brother in early 1969.  His best years was when he played for the Glens.

The Glens lol  :D His record for Linfield speaks for itself.  :)
Support Soldier F

moorsy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
The Glens lol  :D His record for Linfield speaks for itself.  :)

THOUGHT THAT WOULD GET YOU BILLY. :D

Billy Fish

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »
THOUGHT THAT WOULD GET YOU BILLY. :D

His record with Linfield was quite impeccable.  :)
Support Soldier F

GEMMA

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 01:10:35 PM »
I used to play snooker in the Belfast and District league, we where drawn against the centre spot club and after the draw i was drawn against Sammy Pavis , my break off was the only shot i had, he hammered me, but the gentleman he was he shook my had and wished me luck. RIP Sammy, legend.

bjay

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 08:22:39 PM »
Plumber by trade and a true gentleman. Met him when we were kids. My friend was a Linfield supporter and asked for an autograph. He signed happily for everyone and was very warm and welcoming , even to the Glenmen.  Back in the day Irish League football had many good players, and Sammy was one of the best.