Author Topic: Minnie Larmour  (Read 429 times)

jansidd

Minnie Larmour
« on: July 06, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
Hi does anyone have any information on a Minnie Larmour ,she had a brother David Larmour who married Jeannie Shaw and a sister Lizzie Larmour, they lived on Ewarts row. Any feedback would be appreciate it. David and Jeanine had a daughter called Jean who was my mum, any one remember Jean Larmour.

Billy Fish

Re: Minnie Larmour
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »
There is a William Larmour, Painter, at 101 Ewarts Row in the 1960 Belfast Street Directory.
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

jansidd

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 11:13:07 PM »
Thanks Billy but, I don't think they are related. My grandad who is David Larmour lived in 95 Ewarts Row I believe and, I am trying g to trace a family member of his sister Minnie who when married became Minnie Barr. I also believe her and her sister Lizzy moved to England. Thanks for the feedback .

Billy Fish

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 07:07:23 AM »
In the 1951 Belfast Street Directory there is the following : Mrs Mary Larmour at number 95, William Larmour, painter at 101 and David Larmour, labourer at 103. Seems a bit strange all are not related. Maybe not ?
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

CMcG

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 08:53:17 AM »
A Jeannie and David Larmour who died in 1947 and 1959 respectively are buried in Belfast City Cemetery Glenalina Extension, in both cases, last residence was cited as 103 Ewart's Row:

https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=B2&GraveNumber=511&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

CMcG

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »

A Jeannie and David Larmour who died in 1947 and 1959 respectively are buried in Belfast City Cemetery Glenalina Extension, in both cases, last residence was cited as 103 Ewart's Row:

https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=B2&GraveNumber=511&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

One of the two family death notices placed in 1959 for David Larmour (above) was from his mother 'Mary A. Caughey', brothers, sisters and family circle, there is a Mary Ann Caughey also buried in the City Cemetery, when she died in 1965, her last residence was given as 95 Ewart's Row:

https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=U&GraveNumber=115&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

The 1965 death notices for Mary Ann Caughey mention that she was nee Larmour, the wife of James Caughey, that she died at 107 Ewart's Row - the residence of her daughter, and they also mention the following folk:

- daughter and son-in-law Elizabeth and Hugh McKay (& grandson Roy, grandson and wife Hugh and Myrtle and great grandson David);
- son and daughter-in-law William and Isabella Larmour of 101 Ewart's Row (& grandsons Jim and Alexander, also granddaughter and husband Nellie and Mal Rees and great granddaughter in Wales, granddaughter and husband Lily and Ivor Roberts in England, grandson and wife William and Greta and great granddaughter Kim, Silverstream);
- son and daughter-in-law Samuel and Lily Larmour of 10 Midland Street (& granddaughter Joan);
- daughter and son-in-law Kathleen and David Brown of 102 Ewart's Row (& grandson and wife William and Violet Brown, also granddaughter and husband Lena and David Oswick and granddaughter Ella and great grandchildren);
- granddaughter and husband Jean and Robert Anderson and great grandchildren of 79 Sydney Street West (& granddaughter and husband Molly and Richard and great grandchildren in England);
- granddaughter and husband Elizabeth and Joe Parkison and great grandchildren of 95 Ewart's Row;
- granddaughter and husband Lilian and David Shaw and great grandchildren of 1 Sylvan Street;
- Isabel and Harry Topping and great grandchild Heather.

CMcG

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 09:38:11 AM »

In the 1951 Belfast Street Directory there is the following : Mrs Mary Larmour at number 95, William Larmour, painter at 101 and David Larmour, labourer at 103. Seems a bit strange all are not related. Maybe not ?

Agreed, I think your instinct that they are related was right. O0

CMcG

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »

One of the two family death notices placed in 1959 for David Larmour (above) was from his mother 'Mary A. Caughey', brothers, sisters and family circle ...

BTW, the second family death notice placed for David Larmour in 1959 mentioned son David in New Zealand, daughter Molly and son-in-law and grandchildren in England, and daughter Jean and son-in-law and grandchildren in Germany.

CMcG

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »

jansidd

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 12:21:12 PM »
CMcG thank you so much for all this information, your correct the Jean and Robert Anderson are my parents, and I was born in 79 Sydney Street West. One of the sisters of David Larmour was Elizabeth McKay, thats the one I couldn't remember so, thank you. I now have to trace Elizabeth McKay's daughter in England somehow, who's name is also Elizabeth. I do believe Elizabeth McKay had a granddaughter called Lorraine. Any idea's on how I could find her .
Thanks for all your help . this is an amazing piece of information.

tommo

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 07:01:48 AM »
Hi Jansidd,  i went to Belfast tech with a Dived Larmour in the sixties, he was an auto electrician,same as me. Would that be any relation?

jansidd

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. My Uncle was born in 1930 and as a young man he moved to New Zealand so, I don't think it's the same one. He had a sister called Jeannie Larmour who was born in 1937, her father was also called David Larmour. , they lived in Ewarts Row Belfast.
Appreciate your response to my message.

Regards

Jansidd