Author Topic: Obituaries  (Read 501 times)

geri_hill

Obituaries
« on: July 06, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »
Looking for any information, especially an Obituary for Robert Dugan.  Died March 3, 1960 on Swift Street in Belfast.  I have not been able to find out if he was married, and if he was, his spouse's name.

Thank you very much  Geri

CMcG

Re: Obituaries
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

geri_hill

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
Thank you so very much CMcG!!  Definitely him.  Now I know the spouse name is Lily and that he has a son Robert.  I am assuming his wife had a daughter, Maud who married a Robert.  I knew about Annie and her marriage to Paton.  My Grandfather is one of the Canadian brothers mentioned in the newspaper.

It will be a while before I can find out anything more.  Nice to have some new information.  Thanks again!

Geri

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 11:46:50 PM »
There's an offchance that the following relates, the names sort of 'fit', but might well be just a co-incidence:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 08:32:20 AM »

... There's an offchance that the following relates, the names sort of 'fit', but might well be just a co-incidence ...

BTW, that Movilla grave is online (link below), it looks like the Lily Dugan mentioned in the above notice was buried there as well in 1992, whether it's the right one or not (ie. the folk of interest to you) is still unknown: 

https://billiongraves.com/grave/Lily-Dugan/1947652

geri_hill

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 05:20:03 PM »
Thank you for your help CMcG.  I will see if I can find anything on Ancestry.

madge4500

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 03:57:33 AM »
I have been trying to find the date of death for my Great Grandfather George Henry Andrews and his wife, Elizabeth.
George was born in Hillsborough Down aprox 1883-1884 and lived in Belfast with Elizabeth ( Smythe) Andrews.

George was last recorded as living in Shipbuoy Street the 1922 census, as far as I know Elizabeth lived on into the 1950's on Botanic Ave, and Cavehill,
their young son is buried at Belfast City Cemetary in common ground.

I will be in Belfast August 15-21 this year, I am hoping to put flowers on their graves if I can find them.

Any help appreciated, I have checked all the online sites I know of.

Bread Basket

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »
I have been trying to find the date of death for my Great Grandfather George Henry Andrews and his wife, Elizabeth.
George was born in Hillsborough Down aprox 1883-1884 and lived in Belfast with Elizabeth ( Smythe) Andrews.

George was last recorded as living in Shipbuoy Street the 1922 census, as far as I know Elizabeth lived on into the 1950's on Botanic Ave, and Cavehill,
their young son is buried at Belfast City Cemetary in common ground.

I will be in Belfast August 15-21 this year, I am hoping to put flowers on their graves if I can find them.

Any help appreciated, I have checked all the online sites I know of.
Madge,,
Give the office at Milltown a call. If you have the date of the burial then they will be able to give you a plot number marked on a plan of the Graveyard. If interred on the “Poor Ground or Common Ground” then they will mark on a plan.
Please see the links.
https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2135421/milltown-cemetery

http://www.belfastcemeterysearch.com/milltown/grave-sections-5/milltown-grave-sections/

I’d write to them as well as the office can be a bit hit and miss at times. If they reply in writing then bring the grave reference with you on the day and if the office is closed then just look out for any of the grave diggers who will direct you to the location. It’s a HUGE graveyard, so be prepared as at times it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Good luck

madge4500

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »
Thank you for the websites, a quick search turned up no ANdrews names sadly, I will call Milltown when I get to Ireland.
Much appreciated.