Author Topic: GRONI website  (Read 428 times)

Geraldine1234

GRONI website
« on: July 10, 2019, 01:31:39 PM »
Hi I am registering on the GRONI website. I understand there are 3 options ie basic, enhanced and full. If I look at the death records ( I have a specific date of death for my grandfather in 1952) would any of these options show his actual date of birth rather than just his age at death? Any information /advice would be gratefully received before I begin my fathers tree. The family moved about a lot and information is a bit patchy.

Thanks

haonghusa

Re: GRONI website
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 09:48:54 PM »
Geraldine, if you know his age at death then using that check the births index. Enter his details and approximate year of birth allowing a couple of years each way and you should find his date of birth.

Geraldine1234

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
Thanks for the advice. My dad never really talked much about his parents in much depth and I regret not having asked more. He mentioned living in Belfast, Ballywalter, Newtownards and along the Flush Road at Ligoneil. His dad was a retired policeman(partime I presume). This was recorded on my mum and dads wedding certificate. I have a few addresses in Belfast that were recorded on Belfast Burial recordings for 3 of his siblings but can only confirm one  on Lennon/Wylie 1924 street directory which states my grandfather was a motor driver  ??? . No doubt I'll be asking for more help lol.

Elwyn

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 09:29:46 PM »
Hi I am registering on the GRONI website. I understand there are 3 options ie basic, enhanced and full. If I look at the death records ( I have a specific date of death for my grandfather in 1952) would any of these options show his actual date of birth rather than just his age at death? Any information /advice would be gratefully received before I begin my fathers tree. The family moved about a lot and information is a bit patchy.

Thanks

A person's date of birth has only been recorded on NI death certificates since the early 1970s. So in 1952 all you will get is an age. And that may not necessarily be totally accurate, sometimes being just the informant's best guess.
Elwyn

Geraldine1234

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 10:01:23 PM »
Thank you for replying. I visited GRONI today. I have posted a new thread Re: Quinn/Beckett.  My head is pickled lol.

James James

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 04:40:47 AM »
Thank you for replying. I visited GRONI today. I have posted a new thread Re: Quinn/Beckett.  My head is pickled lol.
Related thread,...     http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,77158.msg2150474.html#msg2150474