Author Topic: Mums with babies in prams queuing up at Belfast soup kitchen  (Read 1328 times)

BLOOMFIELD

Re: Mums with babies in prams queuing up at Belfast soup kitchen
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 08:02:06 AM »

" Also through the door is a mother-of-eight who has two children, aged two and five "
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

Dot/dash

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:12:40 AM »
nothing new about this news              has been going on for years in areas of England         .       charities/charitable

volunteers just get on with it        ..
love me          love my gelding     

James James

brixmis

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 09:56:22 AM »
What do they do with their benefits?
Surely they receive money from the government (ie the taxpayers amongst us).
Fags, booze and the latest must have phone/tv/sky package.
Too many kids that the rest of us have to support.
 >:D
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

James James

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 10:51:48 AM »
"May 22 2019"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hungry-children-are-coming-into-school-with-holes-in-their-shoes-say-teachers-as-they-beg-for-help-38134382.html

"Hungry children are coming into school with holes in their shoes, say teachers as they beg for help"

"May 17 2019"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/300000-living-in-poverty-in-northern-ireland-38121496.html

"300,000 living in poverty in Northern Ireland"

"Nearly 300,000 people are living in relative poverty across Northern Ireland, new government figures have revealed."

"The Department for Communities (DfC) poverty bulletin for 2017/18 reveals nearly a fifth of children (19%) or 85,000 are living in relative poverty."

Bigali

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »

Whilst I have no doubt there are those out there in genuine need and for whom places like this and food banks must be a Godsend, Iím inclined to agree with the fags , booze and latest must haves  analogy . It would be interesting to see what kind of mobile device the mother of eight has in her pocket and if she also has cigarettes, Iím also betting she has a tv in her house as well . As for those who take drugs and then expect everyone to help them out , donít start me.

Another thing that always puzzles me is why do those who can least afford to or are the most ill equipped to , keep on having babies ? Contraception is free !
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 02:33:59 AM »
Whilst I have no doubt there are those out there in genuine need and for whom places like this and food banks must be a Godsend, Iím inclined to agree with the fags , booze and latest must haves  analogy . It would be interesting to see what kind of mobile device the mother of eight  :-* Iím also betting she has a tv in her house as well . As for those who take drugs and then expect everyone to help them out , donít start me.

Another thing that always puzzles me is why do those who can least afford to or are the most ill equipped to , keep on having babies ? Contraception is free !

O0 O0

" Also through the door is a mother-of-eight who has two children, aged two and five "     :o

But, it's not Politically Correct to mention that ( accordion to certain people )       :whistle:

Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

Billy Fish

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »

Yes indeed. People need to get their priorities right. No one in the U.K. will starve.....FACT.    People need to consider seriously what size of a family they can afford, not what size of a family they want. These people need to budget better with their benefits and use them for what they are intended to be used for. :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
Whilst I have no doubt there are those out there in genuine need and for whom places like this and food banks must be a Godsend, Iím inclined to agree with the fags , booze and latest must haves  analogy . It would be interesting to see what kind of mobile device the mother of eight has in her pocket and if she also has cigarettes, Iím also betting she has a tv in her house as well . As for those who take drugs and then expect everyone to help them out , donít start me.

Excellent post, many very true points made.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.