Author Topic: Did you play football for your school?  (Read 813 times)

Falls

Did you play football for your school?
« on: July 12, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
Down memory lane again.I played for my school St.Peters secondary Brittons Parade circa 1963/65.We played on a Saturday morning and our teacher Mr. McLarnon met the team at city hall.Some schools we played included Somerdale,Orangefield,Park Parade,Everton St.Augustines and Kelvin.That night 'the ulster' was purchased to scan the results and see how other schools fared.Mr. McLarnon was a decent teacher and his favourite topic. .The Beatles maybe because he resembled Paul McCartney.Lovely memories from a long time ago.....wonder if any of the schools that were involved in the Saturday morning league ever produced a star that made it.....I most certainly did not.

Alber55

Re: Did you play football for your school?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 08:47:09 PM »
I played Gaelic Football for my school, St. Malachy's College, Antrim Road.... c1969. I did post on a SMC thread some weeks ago but it was a old thread so maybe nobody following it.

Donovan

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »
played football for St. Patricks C.B.S. early 50's.Went unbeaten for 4years.

Sachs

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 02:17:54 PM »
Played football for The Model.
We were definitely down the list of the sports team at that time in The Model.

We weren’t that good any way. Won the odd game but were competitive in most games. Shame really because we had a few really good players who were potentially Irish League level. The teacher in charge wasn’t really that interested.

Donovan

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »
played Gaelic football for St. Patricks C.B.S.  Donegall St. Undefeated for 4 years.Bro. Woods ran the team.