Author Topic: IrishCentral - Northern Ireland  (Read 953 times)

JohnKelly

IrishCentral - Northern Ireland
« on: July 21, 2019, 03:33:52 AM »
Some interesting articles on Northern Ireland published in IrishCentral and rather than link each one I thought I would link the complete article as follows,

https://www.irishcentral.com/topic/northern-ireland

I enjoyed the travel info on what to do in the lovely town of Portrush.

Had to laugh at the comments of Boris Johnson on why isn't Varadka called Murphy like the rest of them.

Read the article on Sailortown and not knowing where Sailortown was, read the history via Wikipeda; not good reading in regards to the killings during the so called troubles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast%27s_Sailortown

The rest of the articles also make interesting and informative reading.

CMcG

Re: IrishCentral - Northern Ireland
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 04:22:27 PM »
Maybe I'm misrepresenting it, but it seems to predominantly represent the Irish catholic diaspora (as opposed to protestants).  Is that right or wrong?

JohnKelly

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 03:14:47 AM »
Maybe I'm misrepresenting it, but it seems to predominantly represent the Irish catholic diaspora (as opposed to protestants).  Is that right or wrong?

Don't know, don't care.

JohnKelly

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 08:44:09 AM »
The attached article is not from IrishCentral but given that it is about Northern Ireland I thought I would wack it in here rather than start another topic.

The article by an ABC journalist which is Australia's equiv to the BBC and gives an insight to the type of news that is reported on Northern Ireland,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-23/northern-ireland-has-gone-over-850-days-without-a-government/11132822

and it does not paint a pretty picture.

Given that the majority of forum members do not live in Northern Ireland, is this the type of news that you would read about Northern Ireland in your local media?

It would appear that the Brexit saga and the Irish border is making the world news and thus the reports on Northern Ireland. :read:

ldugan

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »
Good reads,Thanks JK.  :)

We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

Billy Fish

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:19:42 PM »

Exactly.  O0 O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

gray_marian

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 12:56:32 AM »

You are of course correct CMcG, did wonder how long it would take before the hidden agenda would come to light. ::)

CMcG

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 02:01:45 AM »
The IrishCentral website says that it (I quote) 'caters to 34 million Irish Americans and 70 million Irish diaspora'

It also says that (and I quote again from the website) 'Catholics make up just 36 percent of Irish Americans with another 51 percent made up of different Protestant denominations'.

I just can't see much evidence of the website catering to the 51% of Irish Americans.

JackM

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 12:53:12 PM »
The IrishCentral website says that it (I quote) 'caters to 34 million Irish Americans and 70 million Irish diaspora'

It also says that (and I quote again from the website) 'Catholics make up just 36 percent of Irish Americans with another 51 percent made up of different Protestant denominations'.

I just can't see much evidence of the website catering to the 51% of Irish Americans.

Of course not.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

White dee

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »

Well the days of only the News Letter and the Belfast Telegraph own versions are
over ( but to be fair, the Tele has changed, it knew it had to )  ::)

Tuesday 23rd July @2:18 pm
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

Billy Fish

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
You are of course correct CMcG, did wonder how long it would take before the hidden agenda would come to light. ::)

O0 O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

HarryHippo

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 01:24:47 AM »
Your right CMcG... but they thought no-one would notice..   ;)
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

jillyfred

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »

Patrick how is your research going down there in County Wexford?
Is the book published?
If so,is it available here in the bookshops?
Regards.
jilly

pflanagan132

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 02:50:01 PM »
Excellent, thank you. I can get you a copy if you are interested

allymac

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 03:51:54 PM »
Excellent, thank you. I can get you a copy if you are interested
Free?
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.