Author Topic: St Peter's Brass and Reed Band  (Read 625 times)

Whitethorn

St Peter's Brass and Reed Band
« on: July 24, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has information on the men who went from Belfast to help form the Irish Free State Band. They were all members of St Peter's Brass and Reed Band?

Thanks.

Whitethorn

[/font]

[/font]

Monra

Re: St Peter's Brass and Reed Band
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »
Hi all,

Captain Thomas O'Doherty O/C Bands, was the founder of the first bands in the Irish Free State Army in 1922.  He founded the first Brass and Reed Band with members from St Peter's Brass and Reed band, Belfast.  A most interesting articles published on this subject appear in An tOglach, 1 Sept, 1923 Dublin Command Fife and Drum Band, Collins Barrack - on line Military Archives Dublin

As I am doing some in-depth research on this subject, with the intention of publishing, I would appreciate any information that would add to my body of information,[/font]
Mona

Monra

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »
Hi Donna,

Thank you for your response.  I am unable to respond to your email (not sure why the system won't allow it) so I'll do it this way.

I will let you know when I have compiled my information but in the meantime, if you have anything on the band could you let me know?

Regards,

Mona

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 12:16:27 PM »
Hi Donna,

Thank you for your response.  I am unable to respond to your email (not sure why the system won't allow it) so I'll do it this way.

I will let you know when I have compiled my information but in the meantime, if you have anything on the band could you let me know?

Regards,

MONA,
Welcome to the Forum.
As a newbie you must make around 5 post before the system will let you make a PM

Good luck

Mona