Author Topic: Elderly man dying alone in RVH  (Read 378 times)

daisymoo

Elderly man dying alone in RVH
« on: July 24, 2019, 11:47:38 PM »
heartbreaking that this man died alone and no relatives can be found . Mayb he was last of his family line . Maybe tho he has a distant relative who is unaware of the family connection . If it was me I would be heartbroken and would want to know . Just at a loss as wot to do as Belfast live put it out and no response . He had good neighbours according to the Belfast Live piece so that was a blessing . Just so sad

jillyfred

Re: Elderly man dying alone in RVH
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 09:17:19 AM »

In years gone by if a dying person had no relatives to be with them a Nurse was allocated to do so until the end.
So no one died alone.
The way the NHS has been managed for many years now perhaps this humane act has been stopped.
Hopefully his good neighbours will be able to raise the money to give him a decent funeral -with some assistance
from the State.
I agree-its heartbreaking for a person to have no Family at such a time.

jilly

derdrei

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 07:00:09 AM »
heartbreaking that this man died alone and no relatives can be found . Mayb he was last of his family line . Maybe tho he has a distant relative who is unaware of the family connection . If it was me I would be heartbroken and would want to know . Just at a loss as wot to do as Belfast live put it out and no response . He had good neighbours according to the Belfast Live piece so that was a blessing . Just so sad
so very sad.

James James

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:38:58 AM »
Would this be the gentleman in question. ?

91 year old  George aka Geordie Walker from Glenallen Street in East Belfast.

"21 JUL 2019"

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/appeal-find-family-man-dying-16623089

"Appeal to find family of man dying alone at Belfast Royal Victoria Hospital"

"He has no one in the world that we know of"