Author Topic: Farewell Harland and Wolff  (Read 7971 times)

Billy Fish

Re: Farewell Harland and Wolff
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
Yes I noticed that ??? .  It's difficult to understand - at least 400 local engineering jobs predicted and this will create a spin off for local suppliers which will benefit all our communities.  It's time for us to move on - if you keep looking back you'll trip over something.

Yes indeed, but old habits and attitudes,  die hard.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Argo

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2019, 08:48:01 PM »
I am delighted that the funding came through. Although it was a bit concerning that it took this amount of time. I only hope that the promised jobs happen. In the back of my mind I'd be slightly worried that this company are not going to renague on their plans. The workforce deserve to be treated properly.

James James

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2019, 03:40:08 AM »
"InfraStrata shareholders need to approve the deal at a meeting on 29 November"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50373875

Billy Fish

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2019, 09:26:55 AM »
Good to see that Harland & Wolff have teamed up with a Spanish shipbuilder. Let's hope this, the wind energy projects and the MOD contracts, secure its future. Northern Ireland without a Harland & Wolff, would be unthinkable.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

jillyfred

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2019, 09:52:50 AM »
Good to see that Harland & Wolff have teamed up with a Spanish shipbuilder. Let's hope this, the wind energy projects and the MOD contracts, secure its future. Northern Ireland without a Harland & Wolff, would be unthinkable.  :)
===
Agree 100% Billy.

jilly

JackM

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2019, 01:27:42 PM »

Great news, great stuff.   O0 O0
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Billy Fish

Support Soldier F

tours

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »
Onwards for a prosperous new future, in a shared environment... 👍

James James

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2019, 01:14:43 PM »
1941       https://wartimeni.com/article/belfast-blitz-the-docks-raid/        Belfast Blitz: The Docks Raid

"Imperial War Museum Photo: A 28022 (Part of the Admiralty Official Collection). An aerial view of the Harland and Wolff Musgrave shipyard shows two new carriers HMS Magnificent and HMS Powerful, and a cruiser on the stocks. Photo taken in November 1944 by Royal Navy official photographer."

JackM

« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2019, 01:16:18 PM »
Great stuff.   O0
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

tours

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2019, 09:10:06 AM »
The 2020 employment census/figures for H&W should make for interesting reading.
I hope its an improvment on the last figures. Lets hope so. 👍

syriana

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:51 PM »
Infrastrata completed the purchase of H&W today by paying the administrators 3.3 million.  They can now go ahead and finalise existing contracts.  The 120 employees and their families will now feel more secure and enjoy their Christmas.
No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2019, 06:05:07 AM »
Infrastrata completed the purchase of H&W today by paying the administrators 3.3 million.  They can now go ahead and finalise existing contracts.  The 120 employees and their families will now feel more secure and enjoy their Christmas.

Excellent news.  O0
Support Soldier F

Billy Fish

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2019, 06:06:14 AM »
The 2020 employment census/figures for H&W should make for interesting reading.
I hope its an improvment on the last figures. Lets hope so. 👍

I'm quite sure you will find fault with it, irrespective of what it states.  :D
Support Soldier F