Author Topic: Waringstown  (Read 1328 times)

Ballymurphygirl

The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

jillyfred

Re: Waringstown
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »

Waringstown-a beautiful peaceful and pristine corner of memories for me over many years in my `salad days`.

The Textile Mill,the Cricket Team,but most of all-The Boxtree Restaurant.A collection of cottages dating back to the 1600`s all converted into the best Restaurant ever to my mind.Nowhere in Ireland could compare to that place.They were still operating in the late 1980`s but its now long gone.

To read that this once beautiful little village has been put on the map for such a reason as someone taking a gun and shooting someone on Main Street is soul destroying.

jilly

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 07:59:31 PM »
Waringstown-a beautiful peaceful and pristine corner of memories for me over many years in my `salad days`.

The Textile Mill,the Cricket Team,but most of all-The Boxtree Restaurant.A collection of cottages dating back to the 1600`s all converted into the best Restaurant ever to my mind.Nowhere in Ireland could compare to that place.They were still operating in the late 1980`s but its now long gone.

To read that this once beautiful little village has been put on the map for such a reason as someone taking a gun and shooting someone on Main Street is soul destroying.

jilly
it is jilly all the wrong reasons
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Garnier

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
Hi Jilly, I too have the fondest memories of this beautiful, almost fairytale-like village.
I hesitate to ask you, but did you know any of people living there around the late 60s?.

Nerver go down the coalmine if you've plenty of slack in your drawers.

tours

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »

jilly
Straight out of Mills and Boons.
Jilly, you should try your hand at 'Romantic Novels'.
👍
The murder is wrong. I just wish the cops would do their job.
This family have lived a charmed life, round Lugan/Portadown.
Someone's been turning a blind eye, for a very long time. 😉🚔

stickleback

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 11:37:11 AM »

He looked like Gaza on steroids.

I think it's not entirely implausible that McKeown was not exactly your dream next door neighbour.

Linked to a robbery in Lisburn where someone was tied up and robbed.

Sounds to me like someone who thought he was Tony Soprano.

A bit of a result here for the PSNI and wider community: three birds with one stone.

jillyfred

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »

No problem Garnier.
I have sent you a P.M.

jilly

Garnier

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 10:03:24 PM »
Thanks jilly, I replied to your communication but I don't think it made it past the censors.
So, I'll ask here. Did your know a Jennifer Sergeant who was originally from Portadown but moved to Waringstown in the late 60s?

tours

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 02:06:13 AM »

I think it's not entirely implausible that McKeown was not exactly your dream next door neighbour.

A bit of a result here for the PSNI and wider community: three birds with one stone.
I think Malcolm robbed the wrong person's house in Lisburn.  😉

JackM

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »

Murder is wrong, but it seems this fellow had something of a chequered past, to say the least.   ::)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Nick Keene

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »
"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.[/font][/size]"

tours

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 02:33:43 AM »
It's sad in ways, his kids didn't deserve to be born into such a family.
Now, to weep at their dad's funeral.
I hope they don't become, the errors of their Father.
A downward spiral...

jillyfred

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 02:01:27 PM »
Thanks jilly, I replied to your communication but I don't think it made it past the censors.
So, I'll ask here. Did your know a Jennifer Sergeant who was originally from Portadown but moved to Waringstown in the late 60s?

===
Garnier I did not know this girl from Waringstown,however,in the early `60`s when I was living in Newcastle the first time,I knew a Jennifer from Portadown who came down at the weekends during the Summer months.I wonder if that was the same girl you asked about.
She was a very pretty dark haired girl and great fun.

jilly

Garnier

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 06:06:08 PM »
Hi Jilly, Sounds like it could be my long lost love. Her beauty would have further enhanced the charming village of Waringstown which was blighted by the recent horrific murder.
Jennifer was originally from Sandy Row, Portadown and moved to Waringstown with her mum sometime after her father died.
She was a Primary School teacher in a school which I think was called Eden/Edenderry just off the Shankill Road, Belfast.
She did have long, shiny black hair and had a great personality.

jillyfred

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

Garnier the Jennifer I knew from Portadown did indeed have very long hair-we all used to congregate on the Promenade at the Bandstand where there was a Summer Show twice a day.They came every Summer -a man called Liam was the head of the Company of players.You paid to get into the seats-but then they came around with collecting boxes -we often took off then until they had passed, but if we did have money we did put some `pennies `in the boxes!!!Another of our meeting places was The Broadway Café-which we considered to be just like an American Soda Bar!Expresso Coffee,Juke Box and often getting a coke in a bottle with two straws to share!
I mention all this as we locals were joined by other teens from out of town regularly every summer.Those were the days before `package holidays`became available and affordable in NI.
So Garnier,in conclusion,lets assume there is a very good chance your Jennifer is mine also!

jilly