Author Topic: Waringstown  (Read 2037 times)

Garnier

Re: Waringstown
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »
Hi again Jilly. Thanks for taking the time to confirm that for me. It means a lot. Jennifer and I had all the arrangements made to emigrate to Australia, but I was a bit of a two-timer and had another girlfriend to whom I decided to get engaged, and eventually marry, happily-ever-after.
Jennifer did emigrate and that was the last I ever heard of her.
Waringstown always reminds me of my magical romance.

Nerver go down the coalmine if you've plenty of slack in your drawers.

jillyfred

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
Well Garnier you obviously made the right choice in the end.

However,the lovely memories you still hold fast regarding Jennifer are indeed a beautiful compliment to her.

We all look back to our `salad days`and that one `special person`and the magic is still with us.
I have no doubt Jennifer has also looked back and remembered you and Waringstown.

To my mind, good memories from when I was young and carefree are well worth re-visiting!!
I often wonder where all those girls and boys are now and how did life work out for them.

jilly

Garnier

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 04:28:59 PM »
Hi jillyfred, Yes, they were the 'good old, bad old days'.
Having left one girl off home and booting down to Waringstown at about 10 pm brings back fond memories of my mad youth.
My biggest puzzle about the so called troubles was what unearthed so many males to get involved with the paramilitaries, commit some awful atrocity, get caught and end up in jail when they could have been out dating beautiful girls.

Nerver go down the coalmine if you've plenty of slack in your drawers.

tours

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 11:54:50 AM »
Mc Keown shot up to 6 times.
9 bullets fired.
Somebody making sure he never breathed again.
I hope he repents at the Pearly gates.
Gets down on his knees and repents.
Hell is such an awful place to spend eternity...

Billy Fish

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »
Mc Keown shot up to 6 times.
9 bullets fired.
Somebody making sure he never breathed again.
I hope he repents at the Pearly gates.
Gets down on his knees and repents.
Hell is such an awful place to spend eternity...

How do you know what hell is like ?   :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

syriana

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 05:35:46 PM »

On the plus side it would be warm and they give you a free fork thing.
No answer is an answer.

allymac

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 05:49:55 PM »
He/she probably worked there ::)
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

stickleback

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 06:12:41 PM »
Hi jillyfred, Yes, they were the 'good old, bad old days'.
Having left one girl off home and booting down to Waringstown at about 10 pm brings back fond memories of my mad youth.
My biggest puzzle about the so called troubles was what unearthed so many males to get involved with the paramilitaries, commit some awful atrocity, get caught and end up in jail when they could have been out dating beautiful girls.

Therein lies a question, Garnier.

I've never heard of too many paramilitaries who were recruited to the cause in their twenties, much less after.

It's especially sad to hear that gangland murder has darkened the door of a quiet little village which the locals love and value.

Felicity

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »
Thanks jilly, I replied to your communication but I don't think it made it past the censors.
So, I'll ask here. Did your know a Jennifer Sergeant who was originally from Portadown but moved to Waringstown in the late 60s?

[/size]
Hello Garnier,[/size]
 Hope this finds you well.[/font][/color]
I am writing from the Television Company Wall To Wall Media, producers of ITV's 'Long Lost Family', as I have come across your post regarding Jennifer Sergeant and was keen to get in touch. I am writing this to you as we are currently making a new programme, provisionally called 'Lost Love Stories' and thought it might be of interest to you. It is about people who want to reconnect with someone special from their past; we aim to find their missing loved ones and reunite them after years apart. We only intend to feature stories where both parties are single and happy to meet as friends. I don't know what your current circumstances are, but wondered if you would be open to talking about your relationship with Jennifer and if there is any desire to reconnect?[/font][/color]
Thank-you for taking the time to read this.[/font][/color]
All the Best,[/font][/color]
Felicity[/font][/color]
Junior Researcher - Wall To Wall Media[/font][/color]

stickleback

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 07:22:35 PM »

I've been watching The Troubles on BBC4 every Tuesday, for something like the last six weeks. There's only one more episode left.

It has been a very well researched documentary series and as a working-class protestant child who lived through the troubles I would say it has been even-handed. I think it's hard to be even-handed in Norn Iron. I think it is some weird church-affiliated politics which is stopping people seeing sense. One side will never compromise until the other does. Sounds familiar. Why are we, the British taxpayer, cleaning floors, paying for N. Irish MP's who won't even sit in Stormont ? Then the DUP turn up in Westminster all suited and booted and you have a would-be deeply 'christian' man like Sammy Wilson who can't dispute anything without pointing his finger. He's been living off the crumbs of having got intimate with Ian Paisley's daughter Rhonda circa the 80's, for a year or two, decades later. Time to pull the curtain on that particular failed liaison. See him for what he is. Point the finger Sammy. It is very easy to play the intransigent game. Much harder to be creative with multiple nations involved.

syriana

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2019, 05:58:26 PM »
I find Sammy Wilson an inspiration.  Every time he speaks I can always be 100 per cent sure that my opinion will be the direct opposite - never fails.  He really is a product of bygone times and he is at his best when when the issues have a sectarian agenda.  He has a very florid complexion - he should be keeping an eye on his blood pressure.
No answer is an answer.