Author Topic: Belfast Orphan  (Read 613 times)

Bread Basket

Re: Belfast Orphan
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
Goodness, that is such a MASSIVE co-incidence on date, on top of everything posted so far, I think you're right to consider it further.

Parking your David Hannah for just a moment...

The big issue for me is that, taking the David Bellamy born in 1905 in isolation, I just can't explain him - as in, I can't find a marriage for his parents, nor births for any siblings, and I can't find a marriage or death for him (in that forename/surname).  So, if he wasn't your David Hannah, just who was he?  For I can't yet trace him forwards (hoping Bread Basket and 17124 are having more success) ...

I’m becoming more of the opinion that this Rose Ann Hannah and David Bellamy MAY not be the Rose that Katelyn is looking for.
I agree with CMcG, there are no other siblings born in N. Ireland between 1898 & 1919 ( dates chosen by me to investigate).
There is no Marriage Cert in Ireland or N Ireland
There is no death of David Bellamy that can be confirmed

Birth date 7/3/05.  Registered 14/3/05.  as CMcG says, very interesting and a big coincidence / possibility... but not concrete

This is a testing one to say the least

Bread Basket

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
Katelyn.... is this your David Hanna???

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 06:57:37 PM »
 Hmm  … It is ambiguous however, just a couple of things
I agree no marriage, no other siblings, no deaths.   

David Hanna, clearly has memories of growing up at Nazareth House in Belfast until 1920 & the records confirm he was found wandering the streets of Belfast.
His record gives the name of his mother .. Neither of her other two children have shown up in Belfast wandering or otherwise, suggesting they didn’t go with her to Belfast.  Obvious conclusion she was in Belfast when David was born & the birth registration BB found appears to confirm what David had been told about his birth date.
A marriage … I don’t think they were married and we’ve all seen some cracking big great porkies written on registration records!
No David Bellamy marriages in England 1900- 198 (my choice of dates)
A Rose Hanna marriage 1905 in Gateshead but not to a David Bellamy, or any other Bellamy that I could see
We know that clearly a David Bellamy snr was in Belfast (or an imposter – which I don’t buy into)) as he registered the birth and coincidentally  a year later a David Bellamy in Belfast when arrested.

My hunch took me down the line of searching in England births as David Bellamy unlikely as an Irish name.  The births for David Bellamy in Aston & Birmingham were intriguing as this was where Rose was living with William & her family BEFORE David was born … coincidence?  Could she have known Bellamy during their time there?

A David Bellamy, occupation brass caster,  shows specific connections to Aston on his army records… another coincidence maybe?   
He states to have at some point prior to 1915 been with Devonshire Regiment.  If those records exist, it would be interesting to see where he may have been based.  As can typically be found on army records, he gives various years of birth but all indicate that he was a few years younger than Rose … nothing wrong that.  He appears to remain in Birmingham with his wife & children, David, Joe & a set of twins.  Did David have siblings in England?
1939 England & Wales Register – David Bellamy, brassfounder – Darwin Street …yes very close to Aston.  I think this is the army Bellamy, but IS it Katelyn's Bellamy

Then back to Free BMD’s … a couple of likely candidates in Birmingham for a David Bellamy death.  https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

I am the first to say, where’s the evidence??  Answer, like you, I can’t find any.  I’m still stuck trying to  fathom out why two people would randomly be in Belfast?  Was Rose pregnant when she went to Belfast & Bellamy went there when their child was born?  Who knows as without  records to corroborate where either Rose or Bellamy were after Belfast.    I can only offer at this stage a few coincidences .  Hopefully, something will turn up for you Katelyn  :-\