Author Topic: Kinnier family  (Read 200 times)

Raymond coyle

Kinnier family
« on: August 30, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
Hi.
I have been given some info on the Forum and was advised to try this Thread of the forum.
I'm trying to trace my cousins from the Kinnier family from Susan Street Belfast. We lost contact in the early 60s
Our grandparents were Clara and Benson Coyle who lived at 43 Susan Street. My grandfather was a postman.
My Aunt was called Tilly( short for Matilda) and Uncle John.
They had three Children Margareete , John and Danny.
I would very much like to 're establish contact with my cousins
Any info would be much appreciated
Thanking you.
Raymond Coyle

JimG

Re: Kinnier family
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 06:15:27 PM »
hi Raymond .only after doing this did i realise you already had answers from James james etc so nothing new
Benson Coyle m 1920 Belfast  Clara Kinnier see emeraldancestors
Clara Coyle of 43 Susan St I think died in1976 see  https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialRecordDetails.aspx?RecordID=8413.1773  She is buried with Clara is buried with Matilda Kinnier who I think is your Aunt Tilly  63 so b~ 1923 d 2 February 1985 bur 6 February 1985 Dundonald Cemetery last address 87 Tower Street.  Also [/font][/size]John Kinnier ie your uncle  68  so b~1924    d 1 October 1992 bur 5 October 1992 Dundonald Cemetery  last address Strathearn Nh Belmont[/font][/size]

Bension and Clara Coyle
children
10 day Coyle male child  d 1927 bur city cemetery address 13 Roundhill St

I think you suggest
John Kinnier m Matilda XXXXX
children
Margareete Kinnier
John Kinnier
Danny Kinnier

why dont you go to a Belfast City central library and look up recent directories for them.
One concern I have is the 1943  directory has
43. Susan St  Coyle, Benson
55. Susan St  Kinnear, W. 
it is deemed an error by Mary Lenon and should be Kinnier, however there are many more Kinnear than Kinnier so you might get swamped with the wrong line. 
Finally there are telephone books in libraries or on line  but you are into the living and I bow out at this stage
hoping the living contact you

Raymond coyle

Re: Kinnier family
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 12:36:55 PM »
Hi Jim.
THANK you for your time in helping with my quest of trying to find my cousins. My memory of house numbers etc  may have demished over time. However,  recall 55 Susan street. Which i think was about the last house on the right hand side of the school. Everything else you posted was very helpful. I too am not sure  about the spelling of the  family name.  Sorry if you had gone to a lot of trouble researching my info. I'm new to the forum and may have posted my query in the wrong place. Thanks to "Irish Coleen" and "James James " and yourself  i am able to continue with my search.
Again thanks to you all.
Regards.
Raymond Coyle