Author Topic: Collins Family of 67 Rockdale Street (or 49 New Dock Street)  (Read 152 times)

Karlea

Collins Family of 67 Rockdale Street (or 49 New Dock Street)
« on: September 11, 2019, 06:48:14 AM »
I am trying to locate descendants of John Collins and Mary (nee Donnelly) who lived at 67 Rockdale Street during the 1930's.  Prior to this they lived at 49 New Dock Street (for most of the 1920's).  There were 6 children Eliza Jane, John, Bernard, Patrick, Joseph and Hannah.  Grandsons John and Bernard were also brought up in the household.

CMcG

Re: Collins Family of 67 Rockdale Street (or 49 New Dock Street)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »
The St. Joseph's (Belfast) baptismal record for Bernard Collins born on 18 January 1920 indicates a subsequent marriage to Dorothy L. Winnicott on 17 July 1943 at St. Saviour's (Lewisham, London).

The St. Joseph's (Belfast) baptismal record of 5 February 1922 for Patrick Collins indicates a subsequent marriage to Elizabeth McEvoy on 14 february 1947 at St. John's (Belfast).

The St. Joseph's (Belfast) baptismal record of 16 September 1925 for Joseph Collins indicates a subsequent marriage to Maria Madden on 9 July 1949 at Sacred Heart (Kilburn, London).

The St. Joseph's (Belfast) baptismal record of 15 July 1928 for Hannah Collins indicates a subsequent marriage to James Kennedy on 18 September 1948 at St. John's (Belfast).

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Karlea

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 07:46:17 AM »
Thank you CMcG, I have all this information, I'm searching for any actual live descendants that I can correspond with.  I'm having no problem finding old records, but current members of the family are proving very elusive

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 08:32:16 AM »

Thank you CMcG, I have all this information, I'm searching for any actual live descendants that I can correspond with.  I'm having no problem finding old records, but current members of the family are proving very elusive

You need to provide this sort of information if you want to trigger responses, for example, folk reading your topic now know that you are seeking descendants of James and Hannah Kennedy, not simply Hannah Collins. Good luck going forward.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »
Hi Karlea,
Put a post on Sailortown Facebook.  you never know.
Good luck

https://en-gb.facebook.com/SailortownBelfast/