Author Topic: Boris Johnson Bridge  (Read 562 times)

Eugene Mc Mullan

Boris Johnson Bridge
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:50:21 PM »
Boris Johnson would like to build a Bridge from N Ireland to Scotland. It would be called the “ Finn Mc Cools Bridge” :P

Billy Fish

Re: Boris Johnson Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 08:33:43 PM »
An excellent idea.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Alber55

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »
....and the Scots could call it Benandonner Bridge 😊

Lauramac

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 12:55:47 AM »
Boris Johnson would like to build a Bridge from N Ireland to Scotland. It would be called the “ Finn Mc Cools Bridge” :P

When mayor of London he couldn't even build a bridge across the Thames. After wasting £60 million the project collapsed. Taxpayers money wasted.
Support Sergeant Bilko & the brave soldiers of the Fort Baxter motor pool

Bigali

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 08:13:14 AM »
I can’t see it happening , I know nothing about structural engineering or bridge building but in the wintertime that’s a fairly rough stretch of water , the Princess Victoria springs to mind , and I for one would not like to be halfway across it if a winter storm blew up.

Then there’s the impact on the ferry companies and airlines , a bridge would surely mean large job losses there , I think it’s a story put out to try and take people’s minds off Brexit if only for a short time.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
They had a Civil Engineer on the news last night - it’s feasible. It would cost around 20 billion.  Larne is the favoured NI bridge-end because of it’s infrastructural links.  It will never happen - the political will doesn’t exist at present.

The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

stickleback

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »

While he's mulling that one over, maybe he might like to consider building a couple of dams, draining The Irish Sea and getting a few cranes in to attach N. Ireland to the mainland. It would sure make a night out in Dumfries a whole lot cheaper. Okay, okay, so the people in the ROI might not be too comfortable having their country turned upside down, but on the plus side, Cork would suddenly be in the west of Ireland which would be good for its thriving cruise industry to America. Dublin would be on the south coast, enjoying better weather.

A bit leftfield, I know, but we need to consider the long term picture here.

Everyones A Winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SFFRaIUisY

jillyfred

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »
I can’t see it happening , I know nothing about structural engineering or bridge building but in the wintertime that’s a fairly rough stretch of water , the Princess Victoria springs to mind , and I for one would not like to be halfway across it if a winter storm blew up.

Then there’s the impact on the ferry companies and airlines , a bridge would surely mean large job losses there , I think it’s a story put out to try and take people’s minds off Brexit if only for a short time.
===
Its rough on the Ferries and often in Winter they don`t sail.Thankfully!!!
The Irish Sea is one that needs to be very much respected.
Ali I agree with you-driving over it in a vehicle most months of the year would be not for the fainthearted!
The Channel Tunnel is bad enough!
It might even become our `Beachy Head`!
Its very much a `non-starter`for the reasons you have given.

IMHO as always.

jilly

grandad

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 01:52:45 PM »
I think that all residents of N. Ireland should get subsidised travel on ferry travel to and from the mainland.  Also the train line from Stranraer should be extended to Cairnryan.

Billy Fish

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »
They had a Civil Engineer on the news last night - it’s feasible. It would cost around 20 billion.  Larne is the favoured NI bridge-end because of it’s infrastructural links.  It will never happen - the political will doesn’t exist at present.

I listened to a local female ex Civil Engineer, turned 'politician', who thought it was bonkers. Perhaps if she jumped into the North Channel, the water would jump out long enough, to build a bridge.   ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

syriana

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 08:41:23 PM »
I listened to a local female ex Civil Engineer, turned 'politician', who thought it was bonkers. Perhaps if she jumped into the North Channel, the water would jump out long enough, to build a bridge.   ::)

It was a female one I listened to Billy.  She also talked Beaufort's D-yke that deep trench in the middle of the Irish Sea full of dumped military munitions.  Pie in the sky.  If they did build it - they would have to dish out medals to the people brave enough to drive over it.

(I had to hyphenate D-yke - censored first time - crazy)
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

Number26

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 09:36:29 PM »
As they say in Belfast”build a bridge and get over it” :D

Billy Fish

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 11:31:00 AM »
It was a female one I listened to Billy.  She also talked Beaufort's D-yke that deep trench in the middle of the Irish Sea full of dumped military munitions.  Pie in the sky.  If they did build it - they would have to dish out medals to the people brave enough to drive over it.

(I had to hyphenate D-yke - censored first time - crazy)

You should have said Dike. Lol  :D
Support Soldier F