Author Topic: John Joseph Lawlor  (Read 950 times)

Bread Basket

Re: John Joseph Lawlor
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 03:40:27 PM »
I have managed to find a birth certificate for Ellen but the surname is slightly different that being Friary that's why it has taken me a while it states father John a shoemaker and mother as Rose McKeon.  I started off with the name being Friery then Frieary and now to Friary oh the joys of family tree research!! Does anyone know where I can view church transcripts online please or should I contact someone like PRONI for this?  Appreciate any advice  :)

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1883/10951/8002462a.pdf

Bread Basket

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
If any of you want to be driven around in circles then the search for this family will send you wacky.

Looks like Johnís Father was Bernard ... a shoemaker ... and then his Grandfather, also a Bernard, a Brouge maker
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1876/11187/8099290.pdf

However, Johnís Father... Bernard as above , this was his second marriage.

Canít be 100% sure but I think this is the death of Bernard the Grandfather

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/23445f20994329?b=https%3A%2F%2Fcivilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie%2Fchurchrecords%2Fcivil-perform-search.jsp%3Fnamefm%3DBernard%26namel%3DFriary%26location%3D%26yyfrom%3D%26yyto%3D%26type%3DD%26submit%3DSearch%26sort%3D%26pageSize%3D100%26century%3D%26decade%3D%26exact%3D%26ddBfrom%3D%26ddMfrom%3D%26ddDfrom%3D%26ddPfrom%3D%26mmBfrom%3D%26mmMfrom%3D%26mmDfrom%3D%26mmPfrom%3D%26yyBfrom%3D%26yyMfrom%3D%26yyDfrom%3D%26yyPfrom%3D%26ddBto%3D%26ddMto%3D%26ddDto%3D%26ddPto%3D%26mmBto%3D%26mmMto%3D%26mmDto%3D%26mmPto%3D%26yyBto%3D%26yyMto%3D%26yyDto%3D%26yyPto%3D%26locationB%3D%26locationM%3D%26locationD%3D%26locationP%3D%26keywordb%3D%26keywordm%3D%26keywordd%3D%26keywordp%3D%26event%3D%26district%3DGranard
Reason for making the original statement in 1st line above.... there are other Friaryís in the same parish and YES YOU GOT MY DRIFT, there is also another  Bernard😳😳😳😳
Another shoemaker 😂😂😂

Anyway, happy searching and I hope the above helps.

amck1

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 06:44:42 PM »
Thank you so much for your response I greatly appreciate you taking the time. I am very thankful for all the help and advice I can get. Yep definitely round in circles and then you think I have got this but then no something you find makes you think this may not be right so then back to searching and ruling people out!!.  ?  I know that John's wife Rose died shortly after child birth he then went on to re marry.  I didn't know his father Bernard married twice can I ask how you fell upon that please. Was John from his second marriage then? I believe Bernard was married to Anne Magovern so I assumed this was John's Mother. Also other spelling variations of her name I have found. I have also found her name stated as Anne Smith on other children's birth certificates which totally scrambled my brain why this is?! Or is this another person entirely?? So many questions LOL. This is why I am trying to see where I can get access to church records as I believe this may also hold Mother's name and not just the Father's name and occupation so I can go back piece by piece to confirm the correct Friary line

Bread Basket

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
Thank you so much for your response I greatly appreciate you taking the time. I am very thankful for all the help and advice I can get. Yep definitely round in circles and then you think I have got this but then no something you find makes you think this may not be right so then back to searching and ruling people out!!.  ?  I know that John's wife Rose died shortly after child birth he then went on to re marry.  I didn't know his father Bernard married twice can I ask how you fell upon that please. Was John from his second marriage then? I believe Bernard was married to Anne Magovern so I assumed this was John's Mother. Also other spelling variations of her name I have found. I have also found her name stated as Anne Smith on other children's birth certificates which totally scrambled my brain why this is?! Or is this another person entirely?? So many questions LOL. This is why I am trying to see where I can get access to church records as I believe this may also hold Mother's name and not just the Father's name and occupation so I can go back piece by piece to confirm the correct Friary line

With regards to Church Records.... on this occasion this is a Catholic Family therefore these are the best Online Records.
Iím not sure if PRONI better these!!!!

https://registers.nli.ie/

CMcG is one of the top researchers along with others and Iím sure they will be best to direct you.

Good luck

amck1

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply.  Hopefully CMcG might see my posts and advise. There are so many family research sites so would be good to know best sites for church records and any advice, all help very much appreciated. Thanks again for the link  :)