Author Topic: Mary Ellen Friery  (Read 566 times)

amck1

Mary Ellen Friery
« on: September 13, 2019, 04:51:46 PM »
Hi, I am looking for any information regarding my Grandmother May Ellen Friery born approx 1912 - she married John Joseph Lawlor in Belfast.  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I know very little about her and am desperately trying to find out more!!

city hall

Re: Mary Ellen Friery
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »
Hi, how sure are you that your grandmother's surname was Friery? The reason I ask is there was a marriage in Belfast on 25th April 1931 between  John Lawlor and Ellen Freary.

Good luck.

amck1

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 04:07:30 PM »
Thanks for all the posts I will look into the info provided I know the marriage record to John Lawlor is indeed my Grandad and although it looks like Freary I have been told is Friary/Friery variation on spelling?!

CMcG

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »

This (below) is her name recorded in the 1931 registration of marriage to John Lawlor, Ellen's residence was given as '1 Rodney Drive' and her father's details were blank, implying that she was illegitimate:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 05:02:12 PM »
This (below) is her name recorded in the 1931 registration of marriage to John Lawlor, Ellen's residence was given as '1 Rodney Drive' and her father's details were blank, implying that she was illegitimate:

At that time she would have probably known my Granda, he lived in Rodney Drive then 😳👍🏼

amck1

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
Thank you so much for the info  ::) - I don't suppose the name Rose Ann Lindsay is linked to that address as I have been told my Granny came to live with her when she met my Grandad

amck1

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 09:47:04 AM »
Would anyone know where I could get a street directory for 1931 Rodney Drive please? ???

Bread Basket

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 10:01:11 AM »
Would anyone know where I could get a street directory for 1931 Rodney Drive please? ???

Not the news that you wanted.
Lennon & Wylie site have a Directory for 1932 But Rodney Drive has been excluded for some unknown reason. The 1943 directory has Rodney Drive but no resident named Lawlor 🙁

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/qrcomplete1932.htm

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/BSD1943.htm

PRONI holds directories for all years.
You could ask on here if anyone visiting PRONI could do a quick search for you.

The 1943 directory for John Lawlor also draws a blank, hes not recorded

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/alphanames1943L.htm

Good luck

amck1

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »
Thanks for your reply and the info.

If anyone is able to go into PRONI to find out the names on the street directory for Rodney Drive in 1931 it would very much appreciated

Thanks to everyone who have responded to my original post the links provided have been very useful - especially for my Grandad's side of the family

amck1

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 12:36:14 PM »
In the 1931 registration of marriages did it happen to have an address for my Grandad John Joseph Lawlor?

amck1

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »
Does anyone have any information about Agnes Greer living with Danny Barr (I don't believe they were married) 1940's/1950's?  Appreciate any info/help as struggling to find any information at all with regards to Agnes.