Author Topic: Grandfather obituary  (Read 328 times)

Geraldine1234

Grandfather obituary
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:04:12 PM »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could find the obituary for my grandfather
William James Quinn died 16th January, 1952 (Cumberland Street Belfast)

I know he is buried in Dundonald Cementary and was able to visit his grave. I'm just curious if any family names are mentioned in the obituary.
Many thanks.

sam barry

Re: Grandfather obituary
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »
Still to learn how to copy, but there was 4 notices in the Belfast Telegraph,Friday 18th January 1952:

1. William James, beloved husband of Margaret, deeply regretted by his sorrowing wife and sons, Major,Gerald and Austin.

2. Deeply regretted by his sorrowing son and daughter-in-law, William James and Helen Quinn, 27 Fernagh Garden Village,Whiteabbey.

3. Deeply regretted by his Daughter and son-in-law, Daisy and John Walker,Victor and Dennis, Sans Souci, Dunkineely, Donegal.

4. Officers and Members of Albert Blair Memorial, L O L ,1187, deeply regret the death of the father of their esteemed member,Bro
    J. Quinn.

hope this assists.

Geraldine1234

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have had a lot of help from C M cG establishing the Quinn (my grandfather) tree. Once again thanks.

Mike011

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 05:11:29 AM »
Please find attached the article from the Belfast Telegraph.

Geraldine1234

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 03:11:27 PM »
Mike, thank you so much. I naively was hoping that some of my grandfathers surviving
Siblings/relatives would be mentioned. I have their d.o.b. , some of their d.o.d. and the names of some of their spouses but to be honest am at a loss .  Once again thank you.

Geraldine