Author Topic: Girwood community hub  (Read 529 times)

Number26

Girwood community hub
« on: September 27, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »
it would seem the term “shared space” has not reached this area yet.4 kids teams from grove Utd intimidated at the football pitches while practicing by crowds of up to 30 youths.it would seem people deemed to be from the other side not welcome.so sad.

allymac

Re: Girwood community hubit would seem people deemed to be from
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »
A friend of mine was "grilled"about tattoos by several men at the gym in the Hub.He was made to feel nervous and when he next went there he was "sent to Coventry"by the same crowd,who acted like they owned the place.He now attends another gym.Shared space indeed.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

Number26

Re: Girwood community hub
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 04:03:38 PM »
Yea young kids,some 9 years of age and little girls to be treated like this,just wanting to enjoy sport and be active.hard to work out the mindset of people

HarryHippo

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 09:25:45 PM »
it would seem the term “shared space” has not reached this area yet.4 kids teams from grove Utd intimidated at the football pitches while practicing by crowds of up to 30 youths.it would seem people deemed to be from the other side not welcome.so sad.

Sad indeed.
Lux Et Veritas.

Billy Fish

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 06:40:00 PM »

Always had my doubts about a 'shared space', up there.  ::)

Cue stalker.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

brixmis

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »
Why don't they use the facilities at Loughside?
This centre is in danger of being closed by GLL, the company that took over the council's leisure sites.
They wont put any money in to repairs and are probably trying to close it by stealth.
Support for local leisure would be appreciated by the staff there. I'm sure.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 07:40:41 AM »
Always had my doubts about a 'shared space', up there.  ::)

Cue stalker.  ::)

I agree 100% Billy, it's the same with Ballysillen Playing fields, whenever a team from the 'other side' tries to play there, you can be assured that a mob from the 'other side' arrives and the fun begins..The same with Ballysillen leisure centre, whenever word gets out that there is a crowd from the 'other side' using the facilities you can be assured a mob from the 'other side' arrives and the fun begins...as you can see it's not one side up here!!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

GandT

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 11:38:35 AM »

Not a new phenomenon unfortunately. Around us there was always this atmosphere of fear or apprehension about entering some roads, streets, parks, playing fields, school uniforms, taking some buses and so on. Wouldn't want to exaggerate it and, in childhood, the fear and worry was actually greater than what I actually experienced. Nonetheless, the threat and some actual bigots were about for as long as I can remember.

None of this excuses the stupid, mindless, low-lifes who cannot let a group of kids get on with something that is positive and enjoyable!

Billy Fish

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 08:11:27 PM »
I agree 100% Billy, it's the same with Ballysillen Playing fields, whenever a team from the 'other side' tries to play there, you can be assured that a mob from the 'other side' arrives and the fun begins..The same with Ballysillen leisure centre, whenever word gets out that there is a crowd from the 'other side' using the facilities you can be assured a mob from the 'other side' arrives and the fun begins...as you can see it's not one side up here!!!

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Girwood. Must be wrong.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 12:29:00 AM »

Hopefully the perpetrators of such deplorable incidents aren't typically representative of the attitudes and behaviour of most of the local resident members of such communities. !

Presumably these news stories below refer to the topic of this thread,... and to their credit a DUP politician and official local authorities are deploring and are looking into the incidents.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-kids-football-team-may-not-return-to-girdwood-pitch-due-to-intimidation-38537609.html

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/09/27/news/children-s-football-team-attacked-at-interface-pitches-1723624/

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/nonviolenceproject/images/belfast-joins-international-family-of-peace-and-non-violence-1759269

https://monroemonitor.com/the-non-violence-project-foundation/