Author Topic: Belfast War Graves Desecrated... Again  (Read 2367 times)

Falls

Re: Belfast War Graves Desecrated... Again
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2019, 12:04:38 AM »
Re desecration of graves:
I abhor the wrecking of graves full stop and the Michael stone attack in Milltown some years ago.What is the answer to this problem?What do we do with these 'people' if and when,they are found guilty?Prison?community service?A friend once remarked chain gang,the birch etc, not allowed that I said,the goody,goody brigade would not tolerate that.He replied that prison as we know it is not a deterrent and community service. .well he said to me.....good evening!

Dot/dash

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2019, 12:15:23 AM »
https://www.juancole.com/2014/06/remembering-muslim-fought.html

"On D-Day: Remembering the Muslim Troops who Fought the Axis"

https://www.thenational.ae/opinion/comment/second-world-war-record-of-muslims-is-worth-marking-1.462418

what are you implying re  .."On D-Day: Remembering the Muslim Troops who Fought the Axis"

I'm not a d ^ c K   ..     of course I'm aware of this fact     .. 
love me          love my gelding     

Billy Fish

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2019, 08:35:23 PM »
I abhor the wrecking of graves full stop and the Michael stone attack in Milltown some years ago.What is the answer to this problem?What do we do with these 'people' if and when,they are found guilty?Prison?community service?A friend once remarked chain gang,the birch etc, not allowed that I said,the goody,goody brigade would not tolerate that.He replied that prison as we know it is not a deterrent and community service. .well he said to me.....good evening!

Hang them.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

pete57

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2019, 11:18:05 PM »

tours

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2019, 12:43:12 AM »
So true... I think I would take the law into my own hands.
Yet, I would be more interested in those selling them the drugs.... 🙄
The scourge of both communities.
Some claiming to be the defenders of said communities.... What a joke.

GandT

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »
bury them.   ::)

Good one, I like it!

jillyfred

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »
IMHO if you have no respect for the dead you are inhuman.

I have family in the City Cemetery from time immorial.
During the so called `Troubles`we still visited the Graves and as they were located at the wall near to Whiterock Estate I think it was-they were wrecked over those years,

We repaired them time after time-costing thousands of pounds-we kept this up for my Mother`s sake while she was well enough to go to pay her respects.
She died in 2014-but for many years previous she was not wanting to go as she was not well enough but also she was heartbroken that people would continue to do this.

I have no idea what state those graves are in today-but would be confident they are wrecked.

They are never caught-no Court Cases for wrecking graves have I seen.
However,within that community they are bound to be known I have no doubt of that.
Until communities name,shame and hand these excuses for humans over to the Police the dead will never be allowed to rest in the City Cemetery.

IMHO

jilly

GandT

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »
IMHO if you have no respect for the dead you are inhuman.

I have family in the City Cemetery from time immorial.
During the so called `Troubles`we still visited the Graves and as they were located at the wall near to Whiterock Estate I think it was-they were wrecked over those years,

We repaired them time after time-costing thousands of pounds-we kept this up for my Mother`s sake while she was well enough to go to pay her respects.
She died in 2014-but for many years previous she was not wanting to go as she was not well enough but also she was heartbroken that people would continue to do this.

I have no idea what state those graves are in today-but would be confident they are wrecked.

They are never caught-no Court Cases for wrecking graves have I seen.
However,within that community they are bound to be known I have no doubt of that.
Until communities name,shame and hand these excuses for humans over to the Police the dead will never be allowed to rest in the City Cemetery.

IMHO

jilly

I find this a distressing recount of terrible wrong to your mother and your family. If it were a simple matter of apology for co-religionists I would offer it profoundly straightaway but no true co-religionist of mine would dream of this insult to the dead or to those bereaved. Even where there may be no great religious belief in some people within the area, I KNOW they would be annoyed, shocked, ashamed and appalled at how this has become an on-going problem and sacrilege over the years.

I DO remember some attempts [as outlined] by priests, ministers, politicians and others to try to address it and ensure safe and easy passage to visitors. Unfortunately, there is no cure or fail-safe solution to hatred, stupidity, disregard for anything sacred or respectful, lack of empathy - in short, no solution to the evil this undoubtedly is. Equally unfortunate is that most of these vandals will probably never find God in their lives, whether he will find them is unanswerable but He would still require full reparation for the evil done.  t

I am not inclined to the overly-simplistic notion of the Devil / Satan etc. as an external force but as an internal element of the human psyche, these people are as close to it as they could be.

Sorry for a bit of a rant but it is because I know and believe in the general goodness of the people and community I say this.

Falls

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2019, 06:42:33 PM »
bury them.   ::)
Before or after they cease to breathe God's air?

moorsy

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2019, 04:28:16 PM »
Hang them.  ::)

Billy Fish. ..A.K.A.  Judge Roy Bean. ;)
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

Falls

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
[/quote
Hang them!! School was not kind to you.]

Billy Fish

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2019, 07:06:22 PM »

OK then, give them a slap on their wrists and send them on their merry way.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.