Author Topic: Samuel fegan  (Read 153 times)

Vangie

Samuel fegan
« on: October 10, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
Hi everyone. I am searching for details on my g grandfather Samuel Fegan. I found his marriage in 1874 to a Mary Rafferty in Loughgilly parish church. I have no detail on him before this date and where he was living until 1901 and 1911 census. Trying to find his actual birth date is difficult when I calculate his age on these census. His fathers name on the marriage cert is John and again I have no idea where he was born or what he worked at. Any assistance would be helpful. Thank you.  Lorna

Argo

Re: Samuel fegan
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1913/05338/4486442.pdf
This looks like a relation same area and parish.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Armagh/Poyntzpass/Ballynaleck/1037090/
Is this a possible relation? By the way treat ages on the Irish census with a lot of suspicion. They can be wildly out.

Vangie

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »
Hi argo. Yes I have that info you sent. Unfortunately I canít get anything more on Samuel born between 1838 and 1841!!! I have narrowed the search, gone abroad etc etc. I donít think he wants to be found.

I have found ancestors on my maternal side back 100ís of years, after a bit of searching but this man eludes me. 😩lorna

Argo

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:56:33 PM »
Hi argo. Yes I have that info you sent. Unfortunately I canít get anything more on Samuel born between 1838 and 1841!!! I have narrowed the search, gone abroad etc etc. I donít think he wants to be found.

I have found ancestors on my maternal side back 100ís of years, after a bit of searching but this man eludes me. 😩lorna
Sadly Vangie you might have the same problem I had in that before a certain date births didn't have to be registered or indeed cost so much people couldn't afford to do it. But don't give up hope try a site called Rootschat it is very good at finding people. And good luck.

Vangie

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
Thank you Argo. Iíll try rootschat.
Lorna

Argo

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
Thank you Argo. Iíll try rootschat.
Lorna
No problem by  the way the site is free which is great.