Author Topic: Belfast radio  (Read 1131 times)

Cindermusic

Belfast radio
« on: November 05, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
New Belfast online radio station called jump radio coming on DAB soon, and also have big events coming up.

James James

Re: Belfast radio
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 01:23:39 AM »

JohnKelly

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:33:05 AM »
A bit of a drift off topic but on the subject of radio, I remember as a boy the family would gather around the radio and listen to The Archers, it was on at 7pm.

I wonder if The Archers are still on the radio - I doubt it.

Another of my radio favourites was Journey Into Space and on Saturday mornings I would listen to music requests from the British troops in Germany through The British Forces Network In Germany to their family and friends in the UK.

Monkey Nuts

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 01:45:33 AM »

Here you are Mr.Kelly

[size=78%]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archers[/size]

JohnKelly

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 02:04:06 AM »

stickleback

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »
A bit of a drift off topic but on the subject of radio, I remember as a boy the family would gather around the radio and listen to The Archers, it was on at 7pm.

I wonder if The Archers are still on the radio - I doubt it.

Another of my radio favourites was Journey Into Space and on Saturday mornings I would listen to music requests from the British troops in Germany through The British Forces Network In Germany to their family and friends in the UK.

There's something quaint about that post, John. I bet there was a lot more chat amongst your family than most today, all in separate rooms on their phones and computers. Experts on everything and masters of nothing.