Author Topic: Life Of Brian  (Read 769 times)

MargaretS

Re: Life Of Brian
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
I don't think there was anything wrong the subject of the movie
I just don't think monty python were funny
Remember most of the protesters didn't allow their budgees  and kids to swing on Sunday till late 1960s

The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

Goatski

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
I don't think there was anything wrong the subject of the movie
I just don't think monty python were funny
Remember most of the protesters didn't allow their budgees  and kids to swing on Sunday till late 1960s
Those were the dark ages, when your budgie couldn't swing on a Sunday. How well I remember.

Goatski

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »
One morning, my mother found her young son's budgie lying trembling on the bottom of it's cage. She gathered it up and took it to the pet shop on the corner of Ravenscroft Avenue  (this was the 1950's and there were few, if any, vets in the area)
"This budgie has had it" said the pet shop man. "Best to put it out of it's misery."
My mother, squeamish at the thought of wringing the budgies neck, asked the man if he could do the deed."Certainly, Missus" said the pet shop man - and he drowned the budgie in a bucket of water.

Back home again she was slightly panicking as her young son was due shortly to arrive from school, and she didn't want to have to explain why the budgie was now very soggy. So she lit the gas oven and cooked it for a while, then left the remains back in the cage so that he might find it himself and think it had died naturally.

Billy Fish

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 03:48:39 PM »
Most practising Christians are tolerant and can take a joke.  If you made a movie called "Life of Abdul" you could end up getting your head cut off on YouTube.

'Life of Abdul', doesn't quite have the same ring about it, but I take your point.  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

toadstool999

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 05:11:58 PM »
If you think that "The Life of Brian" might offend you, then don't go to see it.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

bjay

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
People here go out of their way to be offended; it is what we do and having served a long apprenticeship and had years of experience are somewhat expert in it.  :P :P :P

syriana

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 05:48:03 PM »
If you think that "The Life of Brian" might offend you, then don't go to see it.

That wont work toadstool.  We all live in an age where people have discovered - for the first time in their miserable lives - that they can acquire a brief feeling of superiority by going out of their way to get offended. 
No answer is an answer.

Bigali

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »
That wont work toadstool.  We all live in an age where people have discovered - for the first time in their miserable lives - that they can acquire a brief feeling of superiority by going out of their way to get offended.

Iím offended by this post  :girl_cray:
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

bjay

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »
People who normally lie in on a day off, get up early on the 12th just to be offended.  A school put up the Italian flag to welcome Italian teachers visiting.   A well known local went on a mad rant about it, mistaking it for an Irish tricolour.   Don't let a reasonable, rational response get in the way of a good offended meltdown.   :P :P :P

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 08:22:29 PM »
More power to The Peoples Front of Judaea , thatís what I say  O0

Right on, and some of us, have their backs  ... ;)
"If someone tells me I've hurt their feelings, I say 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'."

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
Iím offended by this post  :girl_cray:
I'm offended , that you're offended, that they're offended ... :punish:
"If someone tells me I've hurt their feelings, I say 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'."