Author Topic: Jennie Gamble (nee Bradley)  (Read 383 times)

CMcG

Re: Jennie Gamble (nee Bradley)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
Larne Times, 17 June 1933:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 10:33:33 AM »
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 11:09:53 AM »

Is this the son John marrying a Bessie Chambers in 1915?

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1915/09827/5568115.pdf

John and Bessie had a son Robert James Bradley in June 1918 ...

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1918/01282/1531596.pdf

A couple of months after the birth of his son, John was dead, probably due to the deadly flu pandemic of that year:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1918/05181/4430610.pdf

John was buried with parents and siblings in grave P322 of the Belfast City Cemetery Glenalina Extension (link already posted at reply #1).

Robert James Bradley was also to die early, in 1941:

Robert James was buried with some of the Chambers:

https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=D1&GraveNumber=297&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

LindaS

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »
Iím so grateful to you all for sending me so much information about my aunt Jennie. :) I am already picking out all the information and adding to my tree.

Iím also trying to uncover whether my grandfather Robert had a first wife before marrying my grandmother Anne Curley. The reason we think this is because Robert and Anne got married in 1951 when their daughters Roberta (my late mother) was 13 and Georgina (my aunt) was 15years old.  They lived at no.16 church street, stoke newington, London. No one knew they were unmarried. This was unearthed when my grandmother passed away. We think it is because he had a first wife who was still alive and they couldnít marry until she had past away. We think it might be Mary Ann McCann but not sure if her death tallyís with Robert and Anneís marriage.  If he was married before he may have had children which would mean my aunt Georgina may have step siblings. Robert enlisted into the navy when he was 14 (I think). He added two years onto his age to be eligible to join. Iíve attached a marriage certificate between Robert and Mary Ann and a travel identity card of my grandfather that might help.

Thank you in advance.

Linda

LindaS

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
Iíve created a new post for Robert Bradley. Sorry for confusion.

Thanks

Linda

CMcG

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »
Iím so grateful to you all for sending me so much information about my aunt Jennie. :) I am already picking out all the information and adding to my tree.

Iím also trying to uncover whether my grandfather Robert had a first wife before marrying my grandmother Anne Curley. The reason we think this is because Robert and Anne got married in 1951 when their daughters Roberta (my late mother) was 13 and Georgina (my aunt) was 15years old.  They lived at no.16 church street, stoke newington, London. No one knew they were unmarried. This was unearthed when my grandmother passed away. We think it is because he had a first wife who was still alive and they couldnít marry until she had past away. We think it might be Mary Ann McCann but not sure if her death tallyís with Robert and Anneís marriage.  If he was married before he may have had children which would mean my aunt Georgina may have step siblings. Robert enlisted into the navy when he was 14 (I think). He added two years onto his age to be eligible to join. Iíve attached a marriage certificate between Robert and Mary Ann and a travel identity card of my grandfather that might help.

Thank you in advance.

Linda

Good luck going forward, I'm bowing out now after finding my bits and pieces, it sounds like Robert's journey took him to England, so maybe you need to try the likes of the 'RootsChat' website.   :)

LindaS

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 05:43:01 PM »
Hi CMcG,I can see you were the main person supplying information regarding my aunt Jennie Gamble. I just want to send you a personal thank you for your help.  Youíve made it possible for me to not only get dates of my ancestors but also relive some of the significant events that befell my family. Thank you again!

CMcG

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 11:37:50 PM »
No problem, I'm not seeing anything on Robert locally, maybe the two 'London' references in the various death notices are for him, hopefully fresh eyes here or on somewhere like 'RootChat' can open that up further.