Author Topic: Robert Bradley - was he married before?  (Read 103 times)

LindaS

Robert Bradley - was he married before?
« on: November 09, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »

Hello,

Firstly thank you so much for providing me with so much info on my first post.

Iím trying to uncover whether my grandfather Robert had a first wife before marrying my grandmother Anne Curley. The reason we think this is because Robert and Anne got married in 1951 when their daughters Roberta (my late mother) was 13 and Georgina (my aunt) was 15years old.  They lived at no.16 church street, stoke newington, London. No one knew they were unmarried. This was unearthed when my grandmother passed away. We think it is because he had a first wife who was still alive and they couldnít marry until she had past away. We think it might be Mary Ann McCann but not sure if her death tallyís with Robert and Anneís marriage.  If he was married before he may have had children which would mean my aunt Georgina may have step siblings. I canít seem to attach external links to marriage certificate of Robert and Mary Ann so the info is:- marriage date 3/1/1929. Father William Bradley and John mccann. In the presence of John butler and jinnie mccann.

Robert enlisted into the navy when he was 14 (I think). He added two years onto his age to be eligible to join. I have a travel identity card of my grandfather that might help. Again unable to link to image so info: travel identify card for travel between Great Britain and Northern Ireland or Eire, passport office London SW1. No.835161 national registration No. YAWA 230 707.

Thank you in advance

Linda

CMcG

Re: Robert Bradley - was he married before?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:46:38 AM »

... We think it might be Mary Ann McCann but not sure if her death tallyís with Robert and Anneís marriage.  If he was married before he may have had children which would mean my aunt Georgina may have step siblings. I canít seem to attach external links to marriage certificate of Robert and Mary Ann so the info is:- marriage date 3/1/1929. Father William Bradley and John mccann. In the presence of John butler and jinnie mccann.

The only thing I can add, specifically on the Bradley-McCann marriage, is the following:

The GRONI website death index shows a reported age of 29.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

LindaS

Re: Robert Bradley - was he married before?
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:17:56 AM »
Thank you. Thatís a great help  :)