Author Topic: If it's Sunday, it must be fry day  (Read 275 times)

Goatski

If it's Sunday, it must be fry day
« on: November 17, 2019, 06:27:50 PM »
For my breakfast this morning I traveled to Strandtown (no, this isn't a café review) where I enjoyed a most marvelous fry and hot coffee.  But I was spoilt for choice as I counted at least 8 cafés in such a compact shopping area.  That's not mentioning half-a-dozen take away establishments, a 'donut' shop and an ice cream parlour.  These Strandtown folk must really like their food.

Due to being a Sunday morning, most of the general merchants doors were closed and the shutters down.  Having said that, there seems to be a jolly good mix of shops along the road, better investigated on a weekday I'm thinking.

syriana

Re: If it's Sunday, it must be fry day
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »
Several years ago a friend treated me to a great fry in a Strandtown cafe.  There was a fat guy and his girlfriend sitting at an adjacent table -he was a bit of a loud mouth with his sunglasses perched on top of his shaven head.  He ordered an enormous fry called a "Belly-Buster" which must have contained around 6,000 calories - and a Diet Coke. 
No answer is an answer.

Goatski

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:48:29 PM »
I like it, syriana. 

Obviously someone who knows his lard limit.

Bigali

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 11:45:36 PM »
Loads of great wee caffs around Strandtown/Belmont /Ballyhackamore for a fry fix ,  my own favourite being Piggly Wigglys in the Hack of a Saturday morning  :nyam:
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jillyfred

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »
Loads of great wee caffs around Strandtown/Belmont /Ballyhackamore for a fry fix ,  my own favourite being Piggly Wigglys in the Hack of a Saturday morning  :nyam:
===
Yes Ali, have friends who live up at Knock who go to Piggly Wigglys every weekend!!!
A weekend fry either `out` or `in` is the business.
In our family it was a fry every Saturday night for tea.Mother`s homemade soda and potato bread-those were the days!!!

jilly