Author Topic: My Father's Birth Mother  (Read 225 times)

Seasons

My Father's Birth Mother
« on: November 20, 2019, 08:46:37 PM »
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who generously contributed to all my requests in the search for my Father's Birth Mother.

I eventually found her, she lived in Armagh and my Father lived in Portadown - literally on each other's doorstep!

I also, after a lot of searching the Armagh area and knocking on doors found full Cousins, this has been a absolute  delight for my Father, and the first time in his 91years that he was able to meet blood family.

Many, many thanks again to everyone who helped along the way.

My Dad said ' Thank You all for helping him to find some answers after a lifetime of searching" 

I will shortly be starting the search to find his Paternal side of his family but until then  :-*

Seasons.

JimG

Re: My Father's Birth Mother
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 10:01:18 AM »
Seasons, amazing work. So pleased it turned out the way it has. Its uplifting news for all  who face disappointment after disappointment seeking the same type of information. When you are recovered from all the cousin parties ! lets get cracking, you dad b~1928 so his dad say 15 in 1913, 16 in 1912, 17 in 1911,and he is a borderline 1911 census entry or much older    More power and drive to you and dad in all this.  JimG