Author Topic: Very old Belfast Picture Framer ?  (Read 381 times)

Del Monte

Very old Belfast Picture Framer ?
« on: November 23, 2019, 01:04:45 PM »
I wonder if anybody can throw light on this very old picture framers logo? Any information grateful received.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ygSJ3Uo6JPU/XdksVm7aEfI/AAAAAAAAjSE/7NwmeWQjLfcqu3qQHEUrcj1sxqHy1eL6wCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/beal%2Bfeirste.jpg

tommytwotoes

Re: Very old Belfast Picture Framer ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:35:00 PM »
I wonder if anybody can throw light on this very old picture framers logo? Any information grateful received.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ygSJ3Uo6JPU/XdksVm7aEfI/AAAAAAAAjSE/7NwmeWQjLfcqu3qQHEUrcj1sxqHy1eL6wCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/beal%2Bfeirste.jpg
the word Beal is an old name of nroman origin also irish the second name loosely translated is Francis so basically you have an old family name francis Beal hope it helps
regards tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Bread Basket

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 01:24:06 PM »
the word Beal is an old name of nroman origin also irish the second name loosely translated is Francis so basically you have an old family name francis Beal hope it helps
regards tommy

Sorry Tommy, I think you are a wee bit off the mark with the name etc

Béal Feirste

The name Belfast is derived from the Irish Béal Feirsde, which was later spelt Béal Feirste. The word béal means "mouth" or "rivermouth" while feirsde/feirste is the genitive singular of fearsaid and refers to a sandbar or tidal ford across a river's mouth.

tommytwotoes

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 11:47:18 PM »
Sorry Tommy, I think you are a wee bit off the mark with the name etc

Béal Feirste

The name Belfast is derived from the Irish Béal Feirsde, which was later spelt Béal Feirste. The word béal means "mouth" or "rivermouth" while feirsde/feirste is the genitive singular of fearsaid and refers to a sandbar or tidal ford across a river's mouth.
sure BB I was talking about the French version pmsl was good for a laugh
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 11:50:16 PM »
sure BB I was talking about the French version pmsl was good for a laugh
Great reply T,,,, pmsl here too   parle vous Francis 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂