Author Topic: St Joseph’s / Where are they now / My playground  (Read 858 times)

Bread Basket

St Joseph’s / Where are they now / My playground
« on: November 29, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »

Bread Basket

Re: St Joseph’s / Where are they now / My playground
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 09:31:15 AM »

Back Row L to R
Martin (Marty) O’Neill, Jimmy Clark, Rory McAllister, Tony Sewell, Paddy (Fish) Heron, Gerard (Gerry) McVeigh & Liam Thomas

Middle Row L to R
John Auld, Tony McAllister, Neil Curiston, Hugh (Meatball) Reeves, Tony O’Rawe, Dessie Breslin, Martin (Marty) Dunlop

Front Row L to R
Louis (Ducky) Campbell, Francie Smith, Michael (Mutt) Murray, Alex McCafferty, Sean Fuller & Maurice Brown

I had a great childhood with all these guys.  I know Paddy Heron died a few years ago BUT where are the others?

GandT

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »

Back Row L to R
Martin (Marty) O’Neill, Jimmy Clark, Rory McAllister, Tony Sewell, Paddy (Fish) Heron, Gerard (Gerry) McVeigh & Liam Thomas

Middle Row L to R
John Auld, Tony McAllister, Neil Curiston, Hugh (Meatball) Reeves, Tony O’Rawe, Dessie Breslin, Martin (Marty) Dunlop

Front Row L to R
Louis (Ducky) Campbell, Francie Smith, Michael (Mutt) Murray, Alex McCafferty, Sean Fuller & Maurice Brown

I had a great childhood with all these guys.  I know Paddy Heron died a few years ago BUT where are the others?

What year would this photo have been taken? Just think I might know one of the kids in there but he may or may not lie within the age range?

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »
1960..." all in the pic would have been 7/8

GandT

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »
1960..." all in the pic would have been 7/8

Thanks BB. Yes, I guessed in and around that date which would make the man I was thinking of too young to have been pictured here!

mal49

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 08:37:47 PM »
On your picture of all the boys,I knew Paddy Heron had passed away ,so too sadly has Liam Thomas and I think Neil Curistan early in 2019. I would bump into a few of them every now and then usually down in the village ,in a pub more often than not.Although not in the picture and maybe a bit younger than these,Paddy McNally passed away recently.

Bread Basket

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 09:32:00 PM »
On your picture of all the boys,I knew Paddy Heron had passed away ,so too sadly has Liam Thomas and I think Neil Curistan early in 2019. I would bump into a few of them every now and then usually down in the village ,in a pub more often than not.Although not in the picture and maybe a bit younger than these,Paddy McNally passed away recently.
Was Paddy John McNally’s younger brother.  North Thomas St

mal49

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 10:08:36 AM »
Yes that's right. John's doing okay ,spoke with him a few weeks ago.

Bread Basket

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »
Yes that's right. John's doing okay ,spoke with him a few weeks ago.

Sad to hear about Liam & Neil.
Liam was on deaths door ( or at least we all though so at the time ) when he about 8 or 9. Unbeknown to his Mum & Dad, Liam went to Smithfield one day and bought some pet mice. Smuggled them into the house and took them to bed with him that night. Next day he had broken out in a very severe rash which in turn developed into a fever and he ended up in a very bad way. I’m trying to recall from 60 years ago but I’m nearly sure that he was in hospital and then recovery at home for a total of about 6 weeks.

Also recall a very funny story about John but one which can’t be put into print here. Let’s say that John ended up with a pound note and the unfortunate guy who gave John the money ended up on the receiving end of a punch from Johns Da.
😁🥊

mal49

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »
There's probably too many of those type of stories to tell that you couldn't put on this forum  :sarcastic: more's the pity :drinks: