Author Topic: New Development - 76 South, Belfast (Village area)  (Read 755 times)

ATC110

New Development - 76 South, Belfast (Village area)
« on: December 05, 2019, 05:11:00 PM »
This is in Kitchener Drive/Frenchpark Street "Village" area of south Belfast.

Apparently the area is mixed now with people from outside the area moving in due to its location including non-UK/Ireland nationals.

There are still a lot of flags and murals.

There's a lot of new Housing Association regeneration too.

I have no connection to the area and no religious affiliations.

Does anyone live in the area and/or have any knowledge of it?

Would it be a good place to live?

Thanks in advance.

CMcG

Re: New Development - 76 South, Belfast (Village area)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »
Hi ATC110, I can't answer your question, but what I do know is that many people have previously started a topic on this website asking about a specific area of Belfast they are considering moving into and it has subsequently turned out that weren't who they said they were and that they had a political 'agenda' to pursue, for want of a better phrase.

Anyhow, I'm not accusing, rather I'm making you aware that this 'stuff' happens, if you are genuine I wish you luck and productive responses ...  :)

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

ATC110

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:50:43 PM »
Hi CMcG, I definitely do not have a hidden agenda. I'm not from Belfast and just looking for some insight to help me make a decision whether to purchase there or not.

I have no political or religious bias and want to make sure whatever decision I make is the correct one.

Nowhere man

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
Hi ATC110,
I wouldnít want to live there. A bit too built up and busy with traffic. Personally, I would recommend East Belfast, the Ďhack onwards for the best of city/countryside living.  ;)
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

ATC110

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »
The 'hack being Ballyhackmore?

I thought south Belfast would be a better option than east or west?

I like the easy access to the M1 to go west from the village area.

Nowhere man

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 05:59:49 AM »
The 'hack being Ballyhackmore?

I thought south Belfast would be a better option than east or west?

I like the easy access to the M1 to go west from the village area.

Yep, voted number 1 place to live in NI.

Why would south be the better option? The ring road from the Hack takes you to the M1. South the house prices are saturated, west I have little knowledge on but the area I am talking about hasnít quite hit its peak. There are new developments going up there as well...

Anyway, if it works for you that area then you have your answer.

ATC110

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 04:21:34 PM »

Yep, voted number 1 place to live in NI.

Why would south be the better option? The ring road from the Hack takes you to the M1. South the house prices are saturated, west I have little knowledge on but the area I am talking about hasnít quite hit its peak. There are new developments going up there as well...

Anyway, if it works for you that area then you have your answer.

I'm not fixed on the south but just associated the east as less accessible and more closed to outsiders. Can you suggest whereabouts to look in the Hack?

James James

Nowhere man

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 07:21:40 AM »
I'm not fixed on the south but just associated the east as less accessible and more closed to outsiders. Can you suggest whereabouts to look in the Hack?

Itís really dependent on budget but I would say from the fire station on the main road towards Stormont (streets off the main road). Equally, Sandown Road, Kings Road, Gilnahirk road direction. Like any potential move to an area, spend a bit time around there.