Author Topic: Looking for Marie Anderson  (Read 424 times)

margw6288

Looking for Marie Anderson
« on: December 13, 2019, 12:59:16 AM »
I'm messaging from New Zealand requesting help with finding a cousin in Belfast named Marie Anderson (may also use the first name Margaret).  Marie is likely to be in her late 70s and she is the daughter of the late Thomas (Tommy) and Margaret Anderson.  Tommy was the younger brother of my father Andrew who emigrated from Belfast to NZ nearly 90 years ago following a traumatic family event.  My father never spoke of his siblings remaining in Belfast so I never new of Marie until some recent research into family history and it would mean a lot to me to be able to communicate with Marie at this late stage in our lives.  I have very limited information about Marie and her family but can advise that:

1) In 1986, when her mother Margaret died, her parents had been living at 40 Glenbrook Avenue, Belfast. Thomas continued to live at that address until around 1993.
2) In 2000, when her father Thomas died, his address was 37 Hornby St, Belfast.
3) On her mother's side Marie has cousins with the surnames of Fitzpatrick and Geddis.
4) At the time of Thomas' death in 2000 messages of sympathy appeared in the newspaper from - Anna & David Crothers and family; Greta Gibson & family; the Lindsay family circle; Sadie & the Fisher family.

If anyone knows of Marie's whereabouts please message me and if you know her personally and can speak with her then it would be appreciated if you could let her know I am looking for her and ask her to make contact.

Kind regards
Margaret Wheeler

margw6288

Re: Looking for Margaret Anderson
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 11:22:58 PM »
I now believe that Margaret lived at 39 Hornby Street, Belfast until at least 2013. (Note: this had been her father’s address and not No.37 as stated previously.).

margw6288

Re: Looking for Margaret (“Marie”) Anderson
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 07:47:07 AM »
I'm messaging from New Zealand requesting help with finding a cousin in Belfast named Marie Anderson (may also use the first name Margaret).  Marie is likely to be in her late 70s and she is the daughter of the late Thomas (Tommy) and Margaret Anderson.  Tommy was the younger brother of my father Andrew who emigrated from Belfast to NZ nearly 90 years ago following a traumatic family event.  My father never spoke of his siblings remaining in Belfast so I never new of Marie until some recent research into family history and it would mean a lot to me to be able to communicate with Marie at this late stage in our lives.  I have very limited information about Marie and her family but can advise that:

1) In 1986, when her mother Margaret died, her parents had been living at 40 Glenbrook Avenue, Belfast. Thomas continued to live at that address until around 1993.
2) In 2000, when her father Thomas died, his address was 37 Hornby St, Belfast.
3) On her mother's side Marie has cousins with the surnames of Fitzpatrick and Geddis.
4) At the time of Thomas' death in 2000 messages of sympathy appeared in the newspaper from - Anna & David Crothers and family; Greta Gibson & family; the Lindsay family circle; Sadie & the Fisher family.

If anyone knows of Marie's whereabouts please message me and if you know her personally and can speak with her then it would be appreciated if you could let her know I am looking for her and ask her to make contact.

Kind regards
Margaret Wheeler