Author Topic: Cromac Street photos??  (Read 49483 times)

johnmck

Re: Cromac Street photos??
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »
hi plucky no one called scott lived with us but we moved to england 1960 and i remember we swopped houses with another family the day before we left. i think we moved to raphael st so if anyone called scott used to live there you could be right. i used to knock about with a couple of the mckinneys and eddie mulligan

Mr Bounce

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »

Here you go Plucky,hope i got it right this time.

Kathleen2

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 10:26:01 PM »
That's a beautiful drawing :)
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

teragram

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »
Plucky,  that's a great photo you put in there, of the girl leaning on the car. Can you tell us anything about her, what her name is or was?, or what year you think it was taken?
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

mo chara

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 12:32:14 PM »
Photobucket has kicked the bucket
Keep your hands up or you'll end up with a face like mine

johnmck

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 03:03:16 AM »
plucky i have a copy of rushlight which shows the people who lived in raphael st. it shows a family called scott tho no idea of the time so this could be who we swopped with. if you could find out if this is true i would really like to know. cheers

johnmck

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 03:07:15 AM »
mr bounce. i think that lamp post was further down i think it was outside mc nally's house but there could have been two?

plucky

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 03:34:01 PM »

Here you go Plucky,hope i got it right this time.
hyia mr bounce brilliant picture just takes me back in time did you do the drawing or do you know who done it  it's class,guess you had a laugh at way fowl was spelt   :)not go in to how that happened ha ha looking to post more photo's and seeing more on the site

plucky

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »
plucky i have a copy of rushlight which shows the people who lived in raphael st. it shows a family called scott tho no idea of the time so this could be who we swopped with. if you could find out if this is true i would really like to know. cheers
hi johnmck  you'r right i got it wrong  i was talking to my sister and we recalled all who lived in raphel st my sister had fond memories of all your family i know the mc kinney's did you mate about with gusty's family or son mc kinney is bobby married to agnes your brother

plucky

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
 ;D nice job mo chara the car looks just the same today lasted better than me as i go to the vintage car runs and my friend still drives the car its beautiful

plucky

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »
Plucky,  that's a great photo you put in there, of the girl leaning on the car. Can you tell us anything about her, what her name is or was?, or what year you think it was taken?
hi teragram that's me in the photo margaret turner from cromac st pity the cattle lorry was on the road it blocked out corry's lemonade factory etc,the car is still on the road owned by a friend he won't part with it,  but my partner and i have some vintage cars they are all lovely lasting much better through time than we are ha ha the photo maybe taken about 1956 ;) ;)

teragram

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 05:07:03 PM »
Thanks Plucky, brilliant photo, and well preserved as well. I was showing it to my wife whose parents are from the Market. She was trying to figure out who you might be. But now that you tell me the photo was probably taken about 1956, the wife was born in that year, so she'll hardly know.   
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

jmckeown

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
JMcK i am John McKeown and Bobby and Mary McKeown were my grandparents!! Bobby junior was my father....

johnmck

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
hi plucky it was alan mckinney i knocked about with ithink his younger brother was called  ambrose but i could be wrong. i think they had an older brother  who was killed on the railway. bobby mc keown is my cousin my father was dinny. sorry for the delay i've been away for a few days

Mr Bounce

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 10:25:12 PM »

Aunt Lilly McKinney outside her shop,my mother Eileen Murdock with Margaret,Ambrose and Noeleen. 1963