Author Topic: Old Cabernet clubs  (Read 981 times)

Dickinson

Old Cabernet clubs
« on: December 27, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »
Does anyone remember McConnells of Doagh? Used to be a band played there called Time Being I think.

Billy Fish

Re: Old Cabernet clubs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 07:43:58 AM »
Does anyone remember McConnells of Doagh? Used to be a band played there called Time Being I think.

Often hosted by a guy called Sammy Mackie.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

pete57

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 01:14:18 AM »
Often hosted by a guy called Sammy Mackie.  :)
was that the wee man with the cap and scarf, im yer man, im yer man and i'll be in the stand. he was hard listening to if im honest.  :0)

McNamee

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »
Yes that was him. Now not my idea of Entertainment.

I went to Tito's in Victoria Street. Great nights were had there. Tommy Hunt employed Candy Devine as host and she was brilliant. Great personality and brilliant voice. He brought some great Acts from London.

Billy Fish

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »
was that the wee man with the cap and scarf, im yer man, im yer man and i'll be in the stand. he was hard listening to if im honest.  :0)

Yes, that was him. He often mimicked the Penguin advert on TV. Pick, pick, pick up a Penguin. He must have been successful as he used that routine for 40 years.  :D       ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.