Author Topic: Clubs in the late 195o's  (Read 9015 times)

MOONDOG

Re: Clubs in the late 195o's
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
Moondog....When I left N.I. 20 yrs ago I used to run along the sea front at Whitehead and up the steps to the light house. .now I even use the remote for the t.v. O0
                                                                                                                                                                                                   used to swim down at the caves  +open  air pool  longlong  time  ago.didnt know  youse  had  remotes    up in that neck  of  the woods 8) ;D :2funny:

andyo

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 12:21:41 AM »
The Embassy Club was in Fountain Street and was a few doors up from Maxims. It was indeed unlicensed and you left your own drink with the barman who put your name on it and served you from your own bottle with mixers only supplied and charged for. It had quite a select clientele with business men and their friends using it late at night after the bars closed at 10.

sj

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »
The Embassy Club was in Fountain Street and was a few doors up from Maxims. It was indeed unlicensed and you left your own drink with the barman who put your name on it and served you from your own bottle with mixers only supplied and charged for. It had quite a select clientele with business men and their friends using it late at night after the bars closed at 10.

Well done Andy0.....I could just not remember it's name.
i WAS ABOUT 21 YRS OLD WHEN i WENT TO IT ONE NIGHT WITH SOME FRIENDS ....Can't remember if it had live music. 8)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...