Author Topic: Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church  (Read 332 times)

NPWH2019

Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:39:26 AM »

I am preparing material on war-related memorial windows in Northern Ireland and there were two such windows in Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church - one to commemorate the service and sacrifice of members of the congregation and one dedicated to Lieutenant Irvine Johnston Smyth.

I have descriptions of the two windows from a history of the congregation but I am trying to locate photographs of the windows.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who:
* has photographs of the windows,
* can advise where I can get photographs of the windows,
* knows what happened to the windows when the church was closed 

Thanks,

Nigel Henderson
Researcher, History Hub Ulster

Jack The Kipper

Re: Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:37:44 AM »

You'll be lucky mate, there's barely a building in central Belfast that hasn't had their windies put in either by riotin or bombs...but good luck anyway!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

NPWH2019

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »
Thanks, Jack, but many churches in "central Belfast" still have intact stained-glass windows, including war-related memorial windows! Having said that, the primary focus of my appeal is for photographs of the memorial windows in this church ;-)

Nigel

iritalia

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »
The church is owned by the Belfast Buildings Trust so maybe if you write to them they might know or have something to help.

http://www.belfastbuildingstrust.org/

NPWH2019

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 11:31:57 AM »
The church is owned by the Belfast Buildings Trust so maybe if you write to them they might know or have something to help.

http://www.belfastbuildingstrust.org/

Thanks, I will follow up on that lead.

Nigel