Author Topic: GAA DEMAND £100M FOR REBUILDING OF CASEMENT PARK  (Read 1340 times)

Billy Fish

Re: GAA DEMAND £100M FOR REBUILDING OF CASEMENT PARK
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 07:16:10 PM »
Alber55, your post simply has to be disingenuous.  ???  It must be, for many protestants will find it risable...  ::)

Are you truthfully saying that you are unaware that many Irish protestants in Northern Ireland view the GAA in the same way that many Irish catholics in Northern Ireland view the Orange Order?

I mean, what other sport so overtly aligns with a specific political agenda?

O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

ldugan

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 01:38:55 AM »

Ask Constable Peadar Heffron for his opinion of the GAA !

Peader actions and determination speak of his opinions.

"This is the first time Ireland will ever have ever been represented, with a push to get the sport into the Paralymics, it's great time for the GAA to be represented at this level with some of our best players".

The Ireland team heading to the Netherlands are: Pat Carty (Capt), Stephen Melvin, Aidan Hynes (Sligo), James McCarthy (Vice Capt), Maurice Noonan, Gary O’Halloran (Limerick), Lorcan Molloy, Seán Bennett, Patrick Tobin (Laois), Conn Nagle, Pat Lewis and Peadar Heffron (Antrim).

God Bless and Good luck to them all.

We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

tours

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:01 AM »
Windsor Park is finished with tax payers money.
Kingspan is finished with Irish and British tax payer's money.
Lets show a bit of equality? ???
As long as Sinn Fein have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
They hunger for the money... Family dynasty making ££ and all that...
Keep the Maskeys well away from it. 🙄🤔
Be mindful of local residents concerns.
Some of their back gardens would never see daylight, if the original plans went ahead.
Get it up and running to bring more employment and money into the local area.

Bigali

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 07:30:16 AM »

"This is the first time Ireland will ever have ever been represented, with a push to get the sport into the Paralymics, it's great time for the GAA to be represented at this level with some of our best players".

The Ireland team heading to the Netherlands are: Pat Carty (Capt), Stephen Melvin, Aidan Hynes (Sligo), James McCarthy (Vice Capt), Maurice Noonan, Gary O’Halloran (Limerick), Lorcan Molloy, Seán Bennett, Patrick Tobin (Laois), Conn Nagle, Pat Lewis and Peadar Heffron (Antrim).

Fair comment , it’s just a pity that his own local GAA club didn’t show him the level of respect that he is showing the GAA in general .

A quick google search should bring up a few articles about his thoughts on his local club.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Dot/dash

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 10:24:08 AM »
Lol. Irish Tax payers paying for Irish Sports gound. Nothing to see hear, but a sectarian op... Move on now.

which has the greater priority     ..     a new sports complex ?    ..     healthcare ?    ..     how do those in

need of urgent healthcare feel ?  ..    anyone asked them ?   ..    much as I love sports   ..   know what my answer

would be    ..
love me          love my gelding     

Alber55

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 11:01:50 AM »
I would much rather have an excellent health system before any sports related project...I'm not referring to cricket....its not a sport.... so I would hope that all money would be spent in health care (and of course world peace ) but with a somewhat heavy heart, I believe money will be prioritised by those in charge. Those in charge have their own opinions and they were voted in at the last election.

jillyfred

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »
Ravenhill,Windsor Park etcetera and now Casement Park.

What about Horseracing?

For many years the two Racecourses in Northern Ireland have had meetings with Government asking for assistance -but never a penny.
This is an absolute disgrace IMHO.

Furthermore,on one occasion the local South Down M.P. Chris Hazzard was due to attend a Meeting at Downpatrick Racecourse and ten minutes before the Meeting was due to start an Office Girl phoned to say he would not be attending.

The Racecourse Board -who are all voluntary people-who had made time from their own commitments to be present were to say the least awarded an insult from this person.
He never contacted them to apologise nor to arrange a future date.
Says it all really.

Horseracing and Point to Points are non-divisive-the one sport that embraces a sporting public the length and breadth of Ireland.

Why no money for this?

IMHO as always.

jilly

PS If these Racecourses have to do it all alone-then to my mind-so should football,rugby and the GAA and all other sports.

Billy Fish

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 07:35:39 PM »
I would much rather have an excellent health system before any sports related project...I'm not referring to cricket....its not a sport.... so I would hope that all money would be spent in health care (and of course world peace ) but with a somewhat heavy heart, I believe money will be prioritised by those in charge. Those in charge have their own opinions and they were voted in at the last election.

Cricket not a sport. Good God.  :o
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Alber55

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 08:02:28 PM »
😜

leaky

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »
Well said jilly. I have been to a few race meetings including point to point and just see people having an enjoyable day out without any signs of sectarianism.
get aff ma fut.

jillyfred

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2020, 05:01:31 PM »
Well said jilly. I have been to a few race meetings including point to point and just see people having an enjoyable day out without any signs of sectarianism.
l
===
Thank you Leaky.

jilly x

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 08:07:40 PM »

This is his opinion, NOW   ::)

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/10/30/news/peadar-heffron-tells-how-he-was-shunned-by-gaa-when-he-joined-psni-1174427/

Maybe that is why there isn't larger numbers of Catholics in the PSNI  :whistle:               Would you not agree, Tours     ???

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/10/30/news/joe-brolly-reveals-dissident-republican-abuse-after-his-gaa-team-played-psni-1174433/

Global Warming is determined by the AlgoreRythmn used....

Someone said; "It is easier to deceive people, than convince them that they are deceived"

Billy Fish

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 09:11:38 PM »
Windsor Park is finished with tax payers money.
Kingspan is finished with Irish and British tax payer's money.
Lets show a bit of equality? ???
As long as Sinn Fein have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
They hunger for the money... Family dynasty making ££ and all that...
Keep the Maskeys well away from it. 🙄🤔
Be mindful of local residents concerns.
Some of their back gardens would never see daylight, if the original plans went ahead.
Get it up and running to bring more employment and money into the local area.

Nuts
Support Soldier F

ldugan

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 09:46:51 PM »

Fair comment , it’s just a pity that his own local GAA club didn’t show him the level of respect that he is showing the GAA in general .

A quick google search should bring up a few articles about his thoughts on his local club.
Totally agree with what you have posted. Peader has shown that he does not need any level of respect from any of them.

ldugan

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:16 PM »

This is his opinion, NOW   ::)

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/10/30/news/peadar-heffron-tells-how-he-was-shunned-by-gaa-when-he-joined-psni-1174427/

Maybe that is why there isn't larger numbers of Catholics in the PSNI  :whistle:               Would you not agree, Tours     ???

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/10/30/news/joe-brolly-reveals-dissident-republican-abuse-after-his-gaa-team-played-psni-1174433/

Your links are from 2017. My post is about Peader now.