Author Topic: Relocating to Belfast  (Read 459 times)

Leecowley

Relocating to Belfast
« on: January 21, 2020, 08:21:45 PM »
Hi, I'm a single dad me and my son have wanted to move to Belfast for some time now.im just wondering if anyone could offer some advice on where to start and good areas to look at? Thank you.

tours

Re: Relocating to Belfast
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:06:02 AM »
Any areas that have  flegs flying all over the place (lamposts) , stay away from.
Apart from that....most places are good.

JohnKelly

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 01:23:32 AM »
Hi, I'm a single dad me and my son have wanted to move to Belfast for some time now.im just wondering if anyone could offer some advice on where to start and good areas to look at? Thank you.

Like many others on this Forum I left Belfast a long, long time ago and so my advice on living in Belfast would only be from the distant memories of the 1950's and 1960's, however I am wondering why you would want to live in Belfast instead of a nice little village/town in the country.

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46:57 AM »

Can I just ask you why Belfast and what is wrong with where you live now? are you running away from something or other?
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

CMcG

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 09:20:31 AM »
Just to be aware that there is a history of similar queries started on this forum, unfortunately some of these have turned out to be bogus, with the intent of being a catalyst for flaming. In that context, the paucity of information in your query may leave some readers wary of your bona fides and reluctant to respond.

The other reason that you need to provide more information is that it is the only way readers can give an informed answer.  For example, parts of Belfast are demarcated by religion, and depending on your religion, you would not be welcome there - that is a simple fact of life in Belfast and further afield in the province. You need to set out your various requirements in relation to your son's education, your transport situation, your approximate rental/purchase budget, likes/dislikes, etc.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Billy Fish

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 07:12:54 PM »
Just to be aware that there is a history of similar queries started on this forum, unfortunately some of these have turned out to be bogus, with the intent of being a catalyst for flaming. In that context, the paucity of information in your query may leave some readers wary of your bona fides and reluctant to respond.

The other reason that you need to provide more information is that it is the only way readers can give an informed answer.  For example, parts of Belfast are demarcated by religion, and depending on your religion, you would not be welcome there - that is a simple fact of life in Belfast and further afield in the province. You need to set out your various requirements in relation to your son's education, your transport situation, your approximate rental/purchase budget, likes/dislikes, etc.

O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Bigali

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 11:12:59 PM »

O0
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 02:51:23 AM »

Yep O0 , lots of local factors and aspects to consider and evaluate,... which is just  what Fiona and Lee did there,...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50856271