Author Topic: Australia Day - How To Cook The Perfect Sausage  (Read 3584 times)

JohnKelly

Australia Day - How To Cook The Perfect Sausage
« on: January 22, 2020, 06:26:00 AM »
Righteo folks many of you won't be celebrating Australia Day but here's the clue on how to cook the perfect snag,

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/living/community/barbecue-sausage-basics.html?mid=&edm_id=edm:racv_enews&cmpid=edm:racv_enews

Australia

In the beginning God created day and night. He created day for footy matches, going to the beach.  

And BBQ's.  

He created night for going prawning, sleeping and BBQ's,  and God saw that it was good.   

On the Second Day, God created water....for surfing, swimming, and BBQ's on the beach, and God saw that it was good.   

On the Third Day God created the Earth to bring forth plants to provide malt and yeast for beer and wood for BBQs, and God saw that it was good..   

On the Fourth Day God created animals and crustaceans,chops, sausages, steak and prawns for BBQ's, and God saw that it was good.

On the Fifth day God created a Bloke to go to the footy, enjoy the beach, drink the beer and eat the meat and prawns at BBQ's, and God saw that it was good.

On the Sixth Day God saw that the Bloke was lonely and needed someone to go to the footy, surf, drink beer, eat and stand around the barbie with. So God created Mates, and God saw that they were good Blokes, and God saw that it was good.

On the Seventh Day God looked around at the twinkling barbie fires, heard the hiss of opening beer cans and the raucous laughter of all the Blokes. He smelled the aroma of grilled chops and sizzling prawns and God Saw that it was good ..  

Well... Almost good.

He saw that the Blokes were too tired to clean up and needed a rest. So God created Sheila’s  to clean the house, to bear children, to wash, to cook and to clean the Barbie, and then God saw that it was not just good.  

It was better than that, it was Bloody Awesome! 

Roadracer

Re: Australia Day - How To Cook The Perfect Sausage
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »
Just make sure you put your onion's under the sausage in the roll in case they fall out and someone slips on them  ;)

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 06:45:43 PM »

Are them bleedin fires out yet?
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Roadracer

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 08:08:08 PM »
Jack
Not to many  "twinkling barbie fires" these days, they are mostly bottle gas  :)

Bigali

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:05:21 PM »
Jack
Not to many  "twinkling barbie fires" these days, they are mostly bottle gas  :)

Sorry , I know they are convenient etc etc but a gas barbie just doesn’t cut it , even here in good oul Norn Iron where there is no weather guarantee and the gas is handy , a charcoal barbie is the only way . I’ve had both , an all singing all dancing gas job with hot cupboards to keep the cooked food warm , battery rotisserie and temperature control and yes you can use the oak/hickory/beech wood chips on the moon rocks to try and impart a bit of flavour but nothing , NOTHING , beats the Weber kettle bbq that uses old fashioned charcoal and a wee bit of cooks experience for an authentic bbq taste . Even a decent disposable barbie is better than gas .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

moorsy

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »

Are them bleedin fires out yet?

How,s Big Rosie doing these days Jack? ;)

i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

moorsy

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 05:26:05 PM »
Anybody know the fire situation around Wagga Wagga ?

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 07:02:33 PM »
How,s Big Rosie doing these days Jack? ;)

Be careful what you say about Big Rosie moorsy, she'll knock your pan in.LOL!!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

moorsy

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 09:15:55 PM »
Be careful what you say about Big Rosie moorsy, she'll knock your pan in.LOL!!!

Mum,s the word. We had a big Aggie,  they were probably related. ::)

James James

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 04:38:52 AM »

JohnKelly

jillyfred

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
My young Aussie Family took off from Coogee,Sydney on Friday to camp with friends and their little ones.
No doubt Bar-B-Que food will be on the Menu.
Sausages a big favourite with the Cherubs!!!

LOL

jilly

JohnKelly

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 11:23:13 PM »
My young Aussie Family took off from Coogee,Sydney on Friday to camp with friends and their little ones.
No doubt Bar-B-Que food will be on the Menu.
Sausages a big favourite with the Cherubs!!!

LOL

jilly

You have family in Coogee!? - The Coogee/Randwick area was the first place I stayed on arrival in Australia in 1964; I reckon it would have changed a fair bit since then given the amount of apartment blocks going up in that area.

Kraffy

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 06:02:50 AM »
Anybody know the fire situation around Wagga Wagga ?
  Wagga is ok, there were fires up the hills and Batlow sustained a bit of damage. It could have been a lot worse this side of the mountains.