Author Topic: New infectious Chinese illness case reported in Belfast hospital  (Read 11209 times)

McNamee

Re: New infectious Chinese illness case reported in Belfast hospital
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2020, 10:30:58 AM »
I am sure there were thousands and thousands of people who appreciated her speech. I myself thought it was very comforting and sincere. 

Bigali

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 10:35:50 AM »
I am sure there were thousands and thousands of people who appreciated her speech. I myself thought it was very comforting and sincere.

O0
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

bjay

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2020, 07:33:02 PM »
Seems Health Minister Robin Swann has been subjected to threats and abuse on social media. It is good that he is getting support across the divide. He appears to be a decent sort doing his best in dificult circumstances. The health portfolio was always a beaten docket, which is why none of the bigger parties wanted it.

Billy Fish

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »
Seems Health Minister Robin Swann has been subjected to threats and abuse on social media. It is good that he is getting support across the divide. He appears to be a decent sort doing his best in dificult circumstances. The health portfolio was always a beaten docket, which is why none of the bigger parties wanted it.

Yes, truly appalling at this time. Knuckle draggers often appear at times of crisis. It's their thing, you see.  >:D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

McNamee

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2020, 10:34:13 PM »
I really hope the scum that did that is really taken to task.

I wouldn't be a Unionist  ( Or actually any party ) but this is absolutely unforgivable...Robin Swan is doing his best. I also notice when Health came up, no-one wanted it, and in all honestly Who could blame them. 

This is a complete unknown.  So you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't...All of a sudden, everyone's an EXPERT....

tours

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2020, 11:52:52 PM »
I really hope the scum that did that is really taken to task.

I wouldn't be a Unionist  ( Or actually any party ) but this is absolutely unforgivable...Robin Swan is doing his best. I also notice when Health came up, no-one wanted it, and in all honestly Who could blame them. 

This is a complete unknown.  So you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't...All of a sudden, everyone's an EXPERT....
If anything, at the end of this, Robin Swan will be seen as a hero of sorts.
Also, that the NHS will live on and that the idea of watering it down in preference of a greedy privatisation will never happen any time soon.
☺️

James James

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2020, 01:12:31 AM »
"Coronavirus: ... Belfast MoT centre opens for Covid-19 testing"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52193662

"An MoT centre in Belfast has become the first to open as a Covid-19 testing site."

"The Balmoral MoT centre, off Boucher Road, has joined the SSE Arena to become the city's second drive-through coronavirus testing service."

"Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has said that all DVA centres have now been released to the health department."   ETCETERA,...

jillyfred

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2020, 02:16:49 PM »
With respect Dub.

The `point scoring ` is emulating from the `politicos`.

IMHO as always.

jilly

Dub

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2020, 03:14:45 PM »
I thought it was the factual position ?   :)
If you watch Sky news you should know that the NHS  is in short supply of PPE and I sincerely hope all heath care workers get what they need.
Aerlingus has been flying around the clock to bring in PPE in from China to Dublin since last week. There was a problem with the first consignment as about 25% of it was not to spec, but it has since been corrected.
I just learned from one of my friends in Belfast that his sister in law went into hospital after a fall, contacted Covid -19 a week ago, sadly she died two days ago.
This whole thing is well above any politics,
                                                            Stay safe everyone.
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

tours

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2020, 04:26:53 PM »
If you watch Sky news you should know that the NHS  is in short supply of PPE and I sincerely hope all heath care workers get what they need.
Aerlingus has been flying around the clock to bring in PPE in from China to Dublin since last week. There was a problem with the first consignment as about 25% of it was not to spec, but it has since been corrected.
I just learned from one of my friends in Belfast that his sister in law went into hospital after a fall, contacted Covid -19 a week ago, sadly she died two days ago.
This whole thing is well above any politics,
                                                            Stay safe everyone.
God Bless your friends sister in-law, Dub.
RIP 🙏

syriana

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2020, 05:04:19 PM »
With respect to everyone - this virus does not acknowledge the existence of politics, sectarianism or man-made borders.  We live on an the island of Ireland which is inhabited with around about seven million humans. Thousands of them have become infected and hundreds of them are dying.  I just happen to be of the opinion that this crisis would be better managed by a Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland partnership. I respect the British Government and their handling of this crisis thus far - but (simply put) they are based on a different Island to ours.

If you disagree with me - fair enough.  However, I would like to think that your counter argument is based on a scientific and not a tribal perspective.

Anyway - I accept that what I would like to happen is not going to happen - ,there was a sound argument for North/South co-operation but Michelle O'Neill blew it with her gutter politicking.
No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2020, 07:11:07 PM »
With respect to everyone - this virus does not acknowledge the existence of politics, sectarianism or man-made borders.  We live on an the island of Ireland which is inhabited with around about seven million humans. Thousands of them have become infected and hundreds of them are dying.  I just happen to be of the opinion that this crisis would be better managed by a Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland partnership. I respect the British Government and their handling of this crisis thus far - but (simply put) they are based on a different Island to ours.

If you disagree with me - fair enough.  However, I would like to think that your counter argument is based on a scientific and not a tribal perspective.

Anyway - I accept that what I would like to happen is not going to happen - ,there was a sound argument for North/South co-operation but Michelle O'Neill blew it with her gutter politicking.

The scientific and practical counter argument is, 5 million pieces of PPE, as opposed to nothing.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Orior

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2020, 09:46:51 AM »
Yesterday I saw a young family playing donkey. For those that donít know, the aim is to catch a ball, else you get a letter from the word donkey. Been a day or two since I played that myself.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »
This might cheer up a few teachers, who are trying to deliver classes from home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edufilter=NULL&v=BSxM6_zEw2k
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bjay

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2020, 06:57:01 PM »
An extra ten grand for MP's to help with their expenses whilst working from home. The usual suspects, Sinn Fein and DUP defend the decision. Only Alliance question it. What about other folk who are to having to work from home?