Author Topic: Professional BEGGING  (Read 3281 times)

Billy Fish

Re: Professional BEGGING
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 08:40:34 PM »
`Charity begins at home`!!!
Our `own`are well served by the legitimate Charity Organisations within the U.K.and Ireland.
We all are well aware of who they are and most of us give contributions to them.

It `beggers`belief that these `professionals`have the audacity to run a `business`on the streets of
all towns and cities.

They should be arrested,their luxury vehicles confiscated ,and they and their coherts deported back to
where they originated from.

IMHO as always.

jilly

Hear hear, well said Jilly.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2020, 08:43:52 PM »
I read somewhere that sellers of 'The Big Issue' are about to be equipped with a facility for contactless payments.  It got me to thinking that if one felt compelled to donate to professional beggars - monthly Direct Debit payments could be arranged.  You would have the additional satisfaction of knowing that you would be saving the professional beggars concerned the inconvenience of travelling into Central Belfast and - those minibuses don't run on air - you would also be saving them petrol money.

If there's a will, there's a way.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

jillyfred

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2020, 02:49:12 PM »
As usual, there is more than a little mischief-making going on here ... and that's putting it kindly. This topic is entitled Professional BEGGING.  That word 'Professional' is as plain as the nose on your face.  It's a prevalent phenomenon.  ::)

So spare us the holier than thou oneupmanship comments about 'Ivory towers' and being 'charitable', for you don't fool anyone by misinterpreting the topic.  And you do no-one a favour by cheap point scoring.

There is a broad church of opinion within those who volunteer to support the needy, but I know I'm not alone in believing that handing money to any beggars, regardless of their circumstances, is simply not productive... it very often locks them into their life of addiction.
===
As always CMcG telling it just as it really is.

jilly

tours

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2020, 02:26:11 AM »
Just be a little more charitable.
The way this thread has gone, its like a paranoid/conspiracy/cynical exercise to pat each other on the back, for reasons for not giving to anybody. 🙄🤔 That everybody on the street is on the take, a crook.
Dont give to any of them, is the way this thread has gone.
Very little compassion in it.
Not everybody has a financial selfish angle to themselves. Some really are in need.
Dont let your heart grow cold.
Use your own judgement on those you give to, with an open heart.

CMcG

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »

The way this thread has gone, its like a paranoid/conspiracy/cynical exercise to pat each other on the back, for reasons for not giving to anybody. 🙄🤔 That everybody on the street is on the take, a crook.
Not everybody has a financial selfish angle to themselves. Some really are in need.

You are wrong.  In giving money to beggars, rather than to the charities that support the needy, you are doing more harm than good. You are the reason why professional beggars exist.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

MargaretS

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 06:16:39 PM »

Well said use your own judgement
And give with an open heart
The top 100 charities  pay their boss.s
Between 255;000  and 300;000 on average a year
So they must be professional beggars  BIG TIME
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

tours

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 12:33:43 AM »
You are wrong.  In giving money to beggars, rather than to the charities that support the needy, you are doing more harm than good. You are the reason why professional beggars exist.
God Bless you. 🙏

tours

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 12:40:42 AM »
Well said use your own judgement
And give with an open heart
The top 100 charities  pay their boss.s
Between 255;000  and 300;000 on average a year
So they must be professional beggars  BIG TIME
Hmmm. Indeed.
I see people on the street everyday, who are in a very bad place. Also, ofcourse, many dying in shop doorways around belfast this last few years.
I dont see fancy cars coming to pick the dead up.. 🙄
As I said before, your own judgement.
God Bless and have mercy on their souls.
RIP.
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
Show love wherever you encounter darkness. This is the way of the cross. ➕🙏
Be kind and generous, that your heart not turn cold. Xxxx

James James

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2020, 11:58:09 PM »

pete57

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2020, 12:50:13 AM »
Sometimes i think .. they just need to get up off their a***s  and get a job . I know it may sound over the top to some on here , but it may be a solution .  ;)

Bigali

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2020, 07:34:38 AM »
During the very cold period of “the beast from the east” I went shopping in my local supermarket one day. There was a guy sitting alongside the trolleys wrapped up in a dirty old duvet and a plastic cup in front of him on the ground. The guy was not speaking to passers by, he just stared at the wet ground, motionless, it was a very sad sight and i’m Sure you get the picture.
15 minutes later I returned with my shopping and a steaming hot whole chicken which I bought for him from the hot food counter. Bending down and handing the chicken to him I said, “here you are mate this will warm you up”. He didn’t even look at me but spoke and said, “l’m vegetarian”

😳😳😳😳

It’s the same all over , I had a similar experience on holiday in NYC a few years ago.
After an exhausting day tramping around sightseeing we decided just to spend the evening flopped out in our room , watch a couple of movies and eat crap . Off I went to a convenience store down the street and I was so amazed by the staggering amount of hot snacks that were available I went a bit overboard. Walking back to the hotel I passed a “homeless “ black woman begging and I offered her a bag of chicken wings , she cursed me out and told me that if “ you ain’t  gon’ give me some money jus’ move yo white cracka ass on along “ !
Charming .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »
Sometimes i think .. they just need to get up off their a***s  and get a job . I know it may sound over the top to some on here , but it may be a solution .  ;)

There is an Eastern European lady who sits outside Asda in a Bangor in all sorts of weather every day.  I have often thought that she would be much better off inside Asda in the warmth stacking shelves.  Of course that's just my opinion as someone who comes from a poorer- prouder generation.

Back in the day the families of people with social and mental health issues got more involved - nowadays the government gets the blame and ordinary taxpayers are expected to take full responsibility for people with personal problems,  Three years ago Marie Conlon was found dead in her flat in Larkspur Rise, Belfast - she had been dead for two years.  A newspaper article described Marie as "Very much loved by her family"
No answer is an answer.

jillyfred

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2020, 12:34:12 PM »
===
When I look back Pete at the lives my Grandparents and Parents lived ,and to a lesser extent my own -all just had
to get on with and cope.

There was no question of `throwing in the towel` and lying down in a heap and giving up.

I think a lack of `moral fibre`and taking personal responsibility is perhaps the answer as to why so many people
are where they are today.
They turn to `crutches` of all kinds,these are detrimental to both mental and physical health and they reap the
consequences.
This is a `modern`scenario-dicipline and a work ethic has not been instilled as it was in previous generations ,and,
therefore,there is no self-discipline.

IMHO as always of course.

jilly

jillyfred

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »
There is an Eastern European lady who sits outside Asda in a Bangor in all sorts of weather every day.  I have often thought that she would be much better off inside Asda in the warmth stacking shelves.  Of course that's just my opinion as someone who comes from a poorer- prouder generation.

Back in the day the families of people with social and mental health issues got more involved - nowadays the government gets the blame and ordinary taxpayers are expected to take full responsibility for people with personal problems,  Three years ago Marie Conlon was found dead in her flat in Larkspur Rise, Belfast - she had been dead for two years.  A newspaper article described Marie as "Very much loved by her family"
==
A very thought provoking post Syriana.

jilly