Author Topic: Professional BEGGING  (Read 2355 times)

Billy Fish

Re: Professional BEGGING
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »
Give if unsure. Always have best intentions in your heart.
If you start too much in thinking too hard, who is deserving and who is not, our hearts become of stone.
Give anyway...
Dont let those who may or may not be professional beggars, turn us into cynical, distrusting, hard hearted, cold, unfeeling, misery guts.
Love anyway.

Nuts.
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 07:21:46 PM »
The PSNI need to rid society of these dangerous louts, scruff bags and beggars.   >:D  Some years ago, I was accosted by a gang of `wine victims` outside Windsor House. Luckily as the weather was quite inclement, I had take the precaution of bringing my full length brolly with me. When these scruff bags began getting aggressive, I threatened to insert my brolly into one of them, where the sun doesn't shine. They soon backed down.   :)

:D lol I'll bet your sorry you didn't get the chance to use your brolly.  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 02:57:30 PM »
There is an Eastern European lady who sits outside Asda in a Bangor in all sorts of weather every day.  I have often thought that she would be much better off inside Asda in the warmth stacking shelves.  Of course that's just my opinion as someone who comes from a poorer- prouder generation.

Back in the day the families of people with social and mental health issues got more involved - nowadays the government gets the blame and ordinary taxpayers are expected to take full responsibility for people with personal problems,  Three years ago Marie Conlon was found dead in her flat in Larkspur Rise, Belfast - she had been dead for two years.  A newspaper article described Marie as "Very much loved by her family"

Whatever happened to the 'Roma' Accordionist, who frequented Main Street in Bangor ? You know the one who only knew one tune.  :D
Support Soldier F

syriana

« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 04:23:33 PM »
Whatever happened to the 'Roma' Accordionist, who frequented Main Street in Bangor ? You know the one who only knew one tune.  :D

I havenít seen that melowgin player for years Billy.  Maybe the DHS rehoused him to the Malone Road.
No answer is an answer.

CMcG

« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 05:30:11 PM »

Give if unsure. Always have best intentions in your heart.
If you start too much in thinking too hard, who is deserving and who is not, our hearts become of stone.
Give anyway...
Dont let those who may or may not be professional beggars, turn us into cynical, distrusting, hard hearted, cold, unfeeling, misery guts.
Love anyway.

For the minority who aren't professional beggars, you're just buying them drugs and alcohol that will kill them sooner rather than enable another way out...  YOU are the problem...  :(

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Billy Fish

« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 06:30:19 PM »
For the minority who aren't professional beggars, you're just buying them drugs and alcohol that will kill them sooner rather than enable another way out...  YOU are the problem...  :(

Hear hear.  O0
Support Soldier F

tours

« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 08:59:43 PM »
Open you heart. Think good things. Be positvie. 💖

Dargan

« Reply #67 on: Today at 12:31:38 AM »
Dear God, yes, this is getting to be a real problem. I'm very glad I no longer drive, am rarely in supermarkets and spend most of my time on the hills where you don't see a soul for weeks on end. I'm a recluse all bar the shouting. However, I came on to say that in a place called Dewsbury here in West Yorkshire, they not only hang around Sainsbury's but knock on car windows to ask people for dough while they dole out menacing looks. An 80 year-old fella I know said, "pash off and get a job like I did." I think he was brave. But I reckon the locals have observed these Johnny foreigners' techniques and it's rubbing off, for all kinds of people are up to it now. Everything these days seems to be getting too sophisticated for its own good. I remember all those dowdy old tramps with the matted beards yelling as loud as they could (they always had loud voices) in the centre of Belfast years ago near the library. They had old coats tied with string, matted beards and eyes like s. house rats. They slept in people's sheds and had the stamp of authenticity about them. They never asked for cash but would have sworn allegiance to you for life for a bottle of QC. Nowadays it's just a load of charlatans everywhere.
Happy Birthday Doctor.

syriana

« Reply #68 on: Today at 10:14:42 AM »
Dear God, yes, this is getting to be a real problem. I'm very glad I no longer drive, am rarely in supermarkets and spend most of my time on the hills where you don't see a soul for weeks on end. I'm a recluse all bar the shouting. However, I came on to say that in a place called Dewsbury here in West Yorkshire, they not only hang around Sainsbury's but knock on car windows to ask people for dough while they dole out menacing looks. An 80 year-old fella I know said, "pash off and get a job like I did." I think he was brave. But I reckon the locals have observed these Johnny foreigners' techniques and it's rubbing off, for all kinds of people are up to it now. Everything these days seems to be getting too sophisticated for its own good. I remember all those dowdy old tramps with the matted beards yelling as loud as they could (they always had loud voices) in the centre of Belfast years ago near the library. They had old coats tied with string, matted beards and eyes like s. house rats. They slept in people's sheds and had the stamp of authenticity about them. They never asked for cash but would have sworn allegiance to you for life for a bottle of QC. Nowadays it's just a load of charlatans everywhere.

Good post.  I spent around six months in Spain about ten years ago and found the beggars quite menacing - most of them were Eastern European types.  They hung around supermarkets hassling customers - I was warned that if you told them to F-off they might stick a nail in your car tyre when you went inside the shop.  I suppose it was inevitable that that sort of behaviour would eventually reach the UK.

Belfast beggars have always been around in my lifetime - but back in the day they weren't in your face like they are now.  I remember about 40 years ago being approached frequently by scruffy guys in Belfast City Centre ago and being asked, "Any odds mate?".  We were all poorer then.  DHS benefits are definitely more generous now but I suppose it costs more to be poorer nowadays.
No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #69 on: Today at 11:26:28 AM »

Good post. Yes it's becoming a big, big problem.  :)
Support Soldier F

GEMMA

« Reply #70 on: Today at 06:39:12 PM »
Open you heart. Think good things. Be positvie. 💖
Try dining in less expensive restaurants and pass on the money you save to the professional beggars , bish bosh, two birds with one stone, your welcome. :whistle: