Author Topic: Professional BEGGING  (Read 4764 times)

Highway66

Professional BEGGING
« on: January 24, 2020, 07:30:24 PM »
Hi all. I just witnessed a move that I would class as Professional Begging. Last night I went down to pick my wife and several of her friends up from the Ulster Hall (there was an Elvis impersonator on). I arrived early and was able to park almost outside the front doors of the Hall. As I was sitting in my car I noticed a guy walking around the front of the hall and his suspicious behaviour drew my attention to him. He was seemingly of eastern european descent and as he walked up and down he kept looking around him and pulling out his phone every so often to talk to someone. I should add the phone wasn't a wee Mickey mouse phone. He was wearing a fairly decent heavy padded jacket and had a haversack on his back. Then as the first of the show goers started to dash out of the hall he whipped a scruffy looking blanket out of the haversack and wrapped it round his shoulders and sat down outside on the pavement. To complete the transformation he pulled on a shabby looking wool hat. No doubt anyone coming out of the hall would see this "poor" soul sitting Freezing on the pavement and feel compelled to give him a few quid . A REAL CHANCER !   >:D >:D

Bigali

Re: Professional BEGGING
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 11:36:14 PM »
Hi all. I just witnessed a move that I would class as Professional Begging. Last night I went down to pick my wife and several of her friends up from the Ulster Hall (there was an Elvis impersonator on). I arrived early and was able to park almost outside the front doors of the Hall. As I was sitting in my car I noticed a guy walking around the front of the hall and his suspicious behaviour drew my attention to him. He was seemingly of eastern european descent and as he walked up and down he kept looking around him and pulling out his phone every so often to talk to someone. I should add the phone wasn't a wee Mickey mouse phone. He was wearing a fairly decent heavy padded jacket and had a haversack on his back. Then as the first of the show goers started to dash out of the hall he whipped a scruffy looking blanket out of the haversack and wrapped it round his shoulders and sat down outside on the pavement. To complete the transformation he pulled on a shabby looking wool hat. No doubt anyone coming out of the hall would see this "poor" soul sitting Freezing on the pavement and feel compelled to give him a few quid . A REAL CHANCER !   >:D >:D

I believe you , I really do because I’ve witnessed the same thing myself. The problem is that we are “too saft “ Here in Norn Iron  and are always too ready to accept a “sob story “ at face value, it stems from the old fashioned view of no Irish Mother would deny a tramp at the door a bit of bread and cheese. Well sorry , no B and C from me , if I see you Roma with your drugged children begging I’m reporting you ,  and if you’re harassing a pensioner as I have witnessed and intervened at the bus stops at Donegall Place and Square I will shove you out of the way if necessary if you won’t heed a verbal warning.

Roma people are part of one of the largest criminal networks in Europe, and I would challenge anyone to prove different to me. Undoubtedly some of my most esteemed detractors will accuse me of being racist while others will post screeds !

I sit back with the popcorn and await the onslaught !
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 04:58:21 AM »
Probably a DUP politician practising for the next local electoral campaign.

Billy Fish

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »
Sounds like a real swizz ok. Unfortunately these professional spongers are everywhere.  >:D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

syriana

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 11:01:54 AM »
I got into conversation with a guy last year in my local pub.  He was employed in Central Belfast in a control room which observes city centre web cameras.  He was telling us that well maintained mini buses drop East European type beggars off at their appointed begging stations in central Belfast and picks them up again later.
No answer is an answer.

Dot/dash

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 11:05:12 AM »

why wasn't this person moved on by your city centre police     ..     
love me          love my gelding     

syriana

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 11:13:36 AM »
why wasn't this person moved on by your city centre police     ..     

Foot patrol Peelers are a rare sight in central Belfast nowadays.
No answer is an answer.

syriana

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 11:55:35 AM »
Personally witnessed a few beggars exiting their pitch in Cape Town, in a Merc.  :o

When I was parked in Newtownards some time ago I personally witnessed a kind lady leaving Knotts Bakery Shop.  She approached an East European female who was sitting on the pavement on a stool outside the shop 'selling' The Big Issue and gave her a wrapped sandwich.   When the lady walked away and the beggar chucked the sandwich into a nearby bin in disgust.  I found her actions difficult to understand - Knotts sandwiches are delicious - I could have eaten it I was feeling peckish at the time.

It would appear that selling The Big Issue counts as gainful employment which qualifies you for Tax Credits.
No answer is an answer.

syriana

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
I believe you , I really do because I’ve witnessed the same thing myself. The problem is that we are “too saft “ Here in Norn Iron  and are always too ready to accept a “sob story “ at face value, it stems from the old fashioned view of no Irish Mother would deny a tramp at the door a bit of bread and cheese. Well sorry , no B and C from me , if I see you Roma with your drugged children begging I’m reporting you ,  and if you’re harassing a pensioner as I have witnessed and intervened at the bus stops at Donegall Place and Square I will shove you out of the way if necessary if you won’t heed a verbal warning.

Roma people are part of one of the largest criminal networks in Europe, and I would challenge anyone to prove different to me. Undoubtedly some of my most esteemed detractors will accuse me of being racist while others will post screeds !

I sit back with the popcorn and await the onslaught !

Yes - in my previous post the beggar concerned was a Roma - confirmed to me by a Newtownards Police friend I was talking to a few days afterwards. I hesitated to post that information because I can't be bothered defending myself to some morbid who acquires a brief feeling of superiority through political correctness. 

RIP free speech.
No answer is an answer.

Number26

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 06:06:47 PM »
My god,is there depths some people will not stoop to,what the hell has the d.u.p got to do with this topic.suppose we should be thankful there’s no cut and paste with it.

Dot/dash

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 06:17:25 PM »

are you saying there are no neighbourhood policing teams in the city centre    ..  that these professional beggars are

permitted to engage in conduct    ..     that can cause or is possibly capable of causing alarm/harassment/distress 

..   to people going about their business within the city of Belfast    .. professional beggars blighting the town centres

of Cheltenham/Gloucester  ..  wouldn't be tolerated
love me          love my gelding     

syriana

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 06:51:40 PM »
are you saying there are no neighbourhood policing teams in the city centre    ..  that these professional beggars are

permitted to engage in conduct    ..     that can cause or is possibly capable of causing alarm/harassment/distress 

..   to people going about their business within the city of Belfast    .. professional beggars blighting the town centres

You're lucky Dot.  Most West European cities have their fair share of beggars nowadays.  Have you been to London,Paris, Rome or Dublin recently?  Why should Belfast be any different?

No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »

Visit Dublin, bouncers in every store, Boots, McDonalds, Burger King etc. Biggest growth industry in the Free State and not a cop in sight.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 07:47:31 AM »

I'am sorry but I'am in Belfast city centre almost every day and I have witnessed police officers standing and having a yarn and a laugh with these beggars and druggies and walking away, I do honestly believe the police are under orders to turn a blind eye to this menace that is blighting the city centre, they know if they take action against them the snowflake charities would come down on them, just like they did when the council removed those seats at the wee park at the Albert clock to stop the street drinkers from meeting there, it finished up having to replace them, and yes the street drinkers have taken them over, it really is getting out of hand now in the city centre, something is going to have to be done...and soon!!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

tours

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
All the negativity of the day.
A siege mentality.
Certainly there are chancers on the street.
Yet, there are genuine people in need.
Let us have God in Our hearts and discern between those in need and those not.
Let not Our hearts turn to stone.
Give anyway.... if in doubt.
It is truely in the act of giving, that we ourselves receive.
God Bless us all. 🙏
There for the grace of God go I... ❤️