Author Topic: Peter Dilucia, born around 1925 - trying to trace  (Read 202 times)

ninaroberts

Peter Dilucia, born around 1925 - trying to trace
« on: February 04, 2020, 04:48:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm helping my Father-In-Law track down information on his birth father, who sadly he didn't know, and I'm hitting brick walls with piecing together information.  His name was Peter Di Lucia (could be Peter Lucia), born around 1925 - possibly 2 April 1925.  He is linked to a Patrick Di Lucia / also know as Patsy but we're not sure how - perhaps cousin or brother.  Peter's parents were Pietro Di Lucia (born in Italy we believe), and Katherine McGurk who were married in 1918, when they were living at 158 Falls Road.

Does anyone remember Peter or know his connection to Patrick, it would be hugely helpful.  Thanks so much

CMcG

Re: Peter Dilucia, born around 1925 - trying to trace
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »

...  His name was Peter Di Lucia (could be Peter Lucia), born around 1925 - possibly 2 April 1925.  He is linked to a Patrick Di Lucia / also know as Patsy but we're not sure how - perhaps cousin or brother.  Peter's parents were Pietro Di Lucia (born in Italy we believe), and Katherine McGurk who were married in 1918, when they were living at 158 Falls Road ...

The 'RootsIreland' website has a transcription of a baptismal record for Peter Di Lucia, born 2 April 1925 and baptised on 9 April in St. Patrick's Belfast for parents Pietro Di Lucia and Catherine McGuirk of 22 New Lodge Road, the sponsors were Robert and Rina McConnell. He was confirmed in Sacred Heart Belfast on 13 March 1933.

Also baptismal records for older brothers Patrick Joseph De Lucia (born 2 August 1921, baptised 4 August) who married Kathleen Creen in 1945, and Michael Archangelo Di Lucio (born 20 March 1924, baptised 24 March) who married on 18 April 1949 in 'Corpus Christi Osmondthorpe Leeds' (spouse's name not recorded).
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

ninaroberts

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »
That's really helpful, thank you so much, and for a quick response too, it's the missing link we've been looking for.  I didn't know about the RootsIreland website, this is all quite new so still feeling our way around how to do the research.

Elwyn

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »
PRONI has this probate file:

Di Lucy Peter otherwise Lucy Peter Di of 17 Regent Street ice cream merchant died 21 November 1950 Administration Belfast 16 May to Catherine Di Lucy the widow. Effects £297 19s. 5d.

Elwyn

ninaroberts

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »
Thanks so much Elwyn, more great info!  I'm not sure if I'm just not looking in the right place but I can't get this info to come up on PRONI.  The only search function I can find is for much older records - the page is called use-name-search-find-early-family-history-records, is that where you're looking?  Thanks

CMcG

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 06:27:09 PM »
This from 1950-51:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Elwyn

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 06:31:11 PM »
Thanks so much Elwyn, more great info!  I'm not sure if I'm just not looking in the right place but I can't get this info to come up on PRONI.  The only search function I can find is for much older records - the page is called use-name-search-find-early-family-history-records, is that where you're looking?  Thanks

The name search function you were using is for pre-1858 Wills (not many of which exist).  If you go to the PRONI main page you should see a link for WILLS. Just click on it and follow to the search field. You should get to this page:

https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx

That site has the abstracts (summaries) of probate files from 1858 to about 1966. In some cases the will itself is on-line but in a lot of cases it is not and you have to either go to PRONI and look the file up, or if you canít do that, pay PRONI to copy it. In the case of the file I found, Peter died intestate so there wonít be a will but the probate file might contain some family information you didnít know.

Elwyn

CMcG

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 06:40:50 PM »

This from 1950-51:

There are also local newspaper references in 1955 to a 'Mando Di Lucia', an 18 year old labourer from Regent Street in Belfast.

ninaroberts

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 09:43:28 PM »
ah this has added another piece to the jigsaw, thank you.  I haven't started looking in Mando Di Lucia yet but thanks for the tip off, I'll add him to the list.