Author Topic: Belfast restaurant week February 2020  (Read 1235 times)

James James

Belfast restaurant week February 2020
« on: February 06, 2020, 10:33:08 PM »
"Belfast Restaurant Week will be returning to Belfast City Centre from 17-23 February 2020"

https://belfastrestaurantweek.org/                  https://belfastrestaurantweek.org/events/

tours

Re: Belfast restaurant week February 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:12:14 AM »
I have met Nial Mc Kenna (Hadskis and James Street South) one of the nicest guys you could meet.
Fair play to anyone investing their time, money and effort in the City.
Michael Deane also.
Too many restraunts to mention.
The heart beat of Belfast City these days.
☺️
Some of them beyond my pocket (OX)...
Usual price is £100 per head.
Thats just a little bit crazy, verging on the obscene... 🙄
I'd rather eat for less £, and give the rest to charity.

Bigali

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 07:22:05 AM »
I have met Nial Mc Kenna (Hadskis and James Street South) one of the nicest guys you could meet.
Fair play to anyone investing their time, money and effort in the City.
Michael Deane also.
Too many restraunts to mention.
The heart beat of Belfast City these days.
☺️
Some of them beyond my pocket (OX)...
Usual price is £100 per head.
Thats just a little bit crazy, verging on the obscene... 🙄
I'd rather eat for less £, and give the rest to charity.

Well I donít know what youíve been ordering for £100 per head , but any time I go for a meal in a city centre restaurant itís certainly not £100 a head , The Merchant Hotel being the exception but thatís only for special occasions.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

tours

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 08:07:30 PM »
Well I donít know what youíve been ordering for £100 per head , but any time I go for a meal in a city centre restaurant itís certainly not £100 a head , The Merchant Hotel being the exception but thatís only for special occasions.
The aveage bill in OX restraunt is £100 per head. Fact.

James James

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
https://oxbelfast.com/lunch-menu/                        "2 Course £24 / 3 Course £29"

Bigali

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 08:02:13 AM »

Iíve been to Ox and it was NOT £100 a head !
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 08:04:06 PM »
Iíve been to Ox and it was NOT £100 a head !

I had lunch in there with three friends - two courses and a I had a Diet Coke - we divided the bill four ways - I think I contributed around £35 with the 10 per cent service charge included. 
No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 05:53:20 AM »

:D :o
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Number26

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 08:35:16 AM »
Oxís ass more like it :D

GEMMA

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 08:54:57 AM »
Does the OX have big windows?

syriana

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
Does the OX have big windows?

The menu was about the same price as other Belfast high end restaurants - I would guess the average price for dinner would be about £50. Depends how much wine you drink.  However, if you go for the sample menu you could pay around £70 per head for about 6 or 7 courses - but that would be comparable to other good restaurants. 

On a special occasion last year I was treated to the sample menu in The Boathouse in Bangor which was around the same price. It was about six or seven small courses which were served over a few hours with wine.  It was a memorable meal - delicious - my only complaint that was my ancient ar-se was sore sitting on the same seat for hours.
No answer is an answer.

JackM

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 12:43:08 PM »

Good Grief. Have you dined there ?  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

JackM

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 12:44:29 PM »
The menu was about the same price as other Belfast high end restaurants - I would guess the average price for dinner would be about £50. Depends how much wine you drink.  However, if you go for the sample menu you could pay around £70 per head for about 6 or 7 courses - but that would be comparable to other good restaurants. 

On a special occasion last year I was treated to the sample menu in The Boathouse in Bangor which was around the same price. It was about six or seven small courses which were served over a few hours with wine.  It was a memorable meal - delicious - my only complaint that was my ancient ar-se was sore sitting on the same seat for hours.

Yes, the Boathouse do a very decent meal.   O0
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Billy Fish

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 08:02:36 PM »

No way. Lol  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 08:03:29 PM »

Good place for a meal. My local restaurant.  O0 Quite a few places in Belfast are overpriced.  ::)
Support Soldier F